Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TERaFLEX...please help

Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Good idea, will pass this on to the higher ups! FYI - PR guy is sending freebies to your event.
While you are passing on. An accurate packing list used both to fill the box (hint hint), and to check for proper items in the box on delivery would be great. I know you guys never mess up the contents of the box (hint), but a box could get a hole in it during shipping for example.

Also when new parts (such as new links) are added to the kits, explicit directions should be added to the kits (hint). The old directions I got in my box still talked about moving links to the front too. Of course guys took great care of me when I called to ask.

I suspect I will have this link problem too, I have a Rubi with the same links shown that I installed only a few weeks ago. How should I proceed?

You guys took great care of me when I had a "hole in my box during shipping" (hint), so you are all right by me
Old 06-27-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adaycj

I suspect I will have this link problem too, I have a Rubi with the same links shown that I installed only a few weeks ago. How should I proceed?
Any news on this front?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Good idea, will pass this on to the higher ups! FYI - PR guy is sending freebies to your event.
I agree as well to the entire idea of serialising.
TF took excellent care of me when I discovered I had a bad track bar bushing.
They gave me a new one right away.
Sweet.

But...

1st I had to almost get killed due to the death wobble the bushing caused.
TF already knew about the problem as I was not the 1st by any means.
Had they a registration process with serialised parts related to customers they could have WARNED me.
BEFORE I almost got killed or caused a wreck hurting somebody else.
Entirely unfunny, trust me.

While I give TF only praise for their honesty and straight forward handling of problems, I do also think safety issues require a bit more effort on the suppliers and the customers end.
Suspensions are not the same thing as goo gahs for looks etc.

Mind you I am extremely happy with my lift having done things to it that no sane driver would do, but then my Jeep is FOOL injected....
Old 06-28-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Wow that sounds like some great customer service! I guess Ill be buying a teraflex BB next month not a rubicon express. Now the question is which one?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 PM
JK Freak

I just came back from another excellent Offroad trip.. Whipsaw, BC, Canada

And had the same issue with my Sway Bar link.. I still cant get how that happans..

here is the damage

Teraflex Please Help...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 AM
JK Freak

Despite the e-disco sway bar, it sounds like the Rubicons should still install the detatchable links if there is going to be an extreme flex condition (or proactively carry an extra set of links).
Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some research on this and from what I can find if you limit your flex a little bit, or run a longer link this should stop the issue since you are getting enough flex to allow the link to reverse on itself.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DAPS rule!
Wow that sounds like some great customer service! I guess Ill be buying a teraflex BB next month not a rubicon express. Now the question is which one?
I started with the TF2.5BB. Then when I added bumper and winch. The front really sagged on my Rubi. I talked with Joe at TF and got the 2.5 coil spring lift. That did the trick for me..
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Another example of standup performance by one of our sponsopring vendors.
Ive had theplease ure of installing a TF kit on a friends Jeep and with all the feedback Ive seen on this forum, particularly this thread, my choice will be the 2.5in coil lift once my wallet recoups.
Great job TF.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent

Quick Reply: TERaFLEX...please help