Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TERaFLEX...please help

Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Teraflex for being so good at taking care of us....

To answer the above questions...

I had the sway bar disconnected, which on the rubi still had the links connected top and bottom. The pic shows my trail repair, in which I just took off the bottom bolt and duct taped it to the sway bar to keep it out of the way. It happened on a washed out section of the trail, where i took the flexiest line (one should always take the flexiest line...is why we're here ). It was absolutely not an extremely technical section or a hard hitting section. I always try to crawl through stuff like that and go as slowly as possible so I can expierience the suspension doing what we all love.

The link is the front passenger side sway bar link. and its the one included in the 2.5inch HD lift kit. The older kits had you move the OEM rears to the front, while the newer kits come with replacement links for all four corners.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Thanks Joe at Teraflex!!!! Thats why I'll keep buying your stuff!!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

great job on Tf part i don't know how on gods earth that happened thats insane you can use that for an earing now. or a nose ring...

next mod for me are some FT driveshafts
Old 06-23-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Freak

almost did that myself with the teraflex link with I manage to lose the retaining clip for the sway bar in the disconnected position of there kits

teraflex sent out a new clip and all is good

props to teraflex for fixing him and me up I know in my case I was not even looking at getting it but ask for size and got one sent to me in a goodie package from them
Old 06-23-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

teraflex does do a stand up job

it would be really upstanding if......

if they serial numbered all the kits that go out the door
and you go online when you buy your kit and register that serial number
so that way if problems arise or kits become out of date due to engineering updates you will be sent an email and you can have the option of purchasing the kit a a discounted rate cause you bought the kit and then a upgrade due to fault with original design of the kit you bought

this has happened 2x with me now and this link issue maybe the 3rd

instead of TF updating kits and then thing go wrong for the owner and they the owner of an out of date kit calls in and gets free replacement parts (which frankly must hurt the bottom line a bit)

but what is worse is when something happens and the person just gets pissy and starts talkin crap cause something went wrong with the kit, when in fact an update is available due to unforeseen or unexperience situations that caused the lift to fail thereby rendering it out of date. cause the design team have heard of the failure addressed the issue and then just sit and wait for others to happen and warranty them as the calls come in.

by having the serial number system in place or production / design run numbers in place and with people registering they get a pro-active email advising the lift owner of the issue....and offers advise on getting a replacement part at a reduced cost......this offers the consumer a real customer service experience along with peace of mind about the lift they have purchased.

Just a thought really

Teraflex you do provide great service as well as advice.
I do hold this lift company in high regard and there customer service is above average and I have nothing but good things to say.
Cheers
Scott
Old 06-23-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me this weekend while doing a trail while my rubi was disconnected, I'll take some pics and post them up. My mount on my axle where the sway bar end link connects to bent and broke the end link right in half. What could be causing this?
Old 06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

shoulda bought an x

seriously though glad you got it taken care of.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Heres what happened to mine :(

Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Here's my theory on what is happening:
1. The sway bar end links are too short or the shocks are too long. This allows there to be zero angle at the sway bar/endlink joint when the Ribi suspension drops completely while in sway bar disconnected mode.
2. As the suspension compresses again, the end link inverts (collapses forward instead of backward).
3. As the suspension continues to compress, the end link comes into contact with the tie rod and/or the drag link.
4. Upward movement of the axle continues and bends and/or breaks the end link.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
teraflex does do a stand up job

it would be really upstanding if......

if they serial numbered all the kits that go out the door
and you go online when you buy your kit and register that serial number
so that way if problems arise or kits become out of date due to engineering updates you will be sent an email and you can have the option of purchasing the kit a a discounted rate cause you bought the kit and then a upgrade due to fault with original design of the kit you bought

this has happened 2x with me now and this link issue maybe the 3rd

instead of TF updating kits and then thing go wrong for the owner and they the owner of an out of date kit calls in and gets free replacement parts (which frankly must hurt the bottom line a bit)

but what is worse is when something happens and the person just gets pissy and starts talkin crap cause something went wrong with the kit, when in fact an update is available due to unforeseen or unexperience situations that caused the lift to fail thereby rendering it out of date. cause the design team have heard of the failure addressed the issue and then just sit and wait for others to happen and warranty them as the calls come in.

by having the serial number system in place or production / design run numbers in place and with people registering they get a pro-active email advising the lift owner of the issue....and offers advise on getting a replacement part at a reduced cost......this offers the consumer a real customer service experience along with peace of mind about the lift they have purchased.

Just a thought really

Teraflex you do provide great service as well as advice.
I do hold this lift company in high regard and there customer service is above average and I have nothing but good things to say.
Cheers
Scott
Good idea, will pass this on to the higher ups! FYI - PR guy is sending freebies to your event.

Quick Reply: TERaFLEX...please help