Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex performance leveling and sway links

Old 04-09-2015, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex performance leveling and sway links

Have a 13 Rubicon unlimited. I just added a new bumper, winch and front skid plate. Before removing factory bumper, I measured from the front edge of my flare. After adding the equipment, as expected, I lost one inch. Anticipating this, I purchased a Teraflex performance leveling kit. The one with longer springs, not spacers. The kit is supposed to add 2 inches in the front and 1 in the back. It comes with longer sway links for the front. My question is, from factory bumper to new equipment, I lost one inch. The new springs are are going to give me that one inch back and add one additional inch. In the end I am increasing my front lift by one inch, do I need to use the sway extensions. I have electronic sway disconnects and I don't want to add too long of a link or come up short and have trouble electronically reconnecting Any advice is appreciated.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Yes you definitely want the longer sway bar links. By not adding them you pull the sway bar out of its parallel position and risk breaking it on something. Also, there are many stories of people breaking the e disco motor by not installing longer links. Since you have them with the kit you might as well spend a little extra time and install them
Old 04-10-2015, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK so I put the springs on the Jeep today. The springs are supposed to add 2 inches to to the front. With the additional weight of the bumper and winch I expected only an inch or so. I began putting the new longer sway links on and they were about two inches too long to line up. The original factory matched up perfectly. I put he factory links back on.The new ones seem like if I were to even get them to line up. It would put the sway bar way off parallel. Any thoughts from the experts. I called Teraflex and they agreed that putting the factories back on since with the additional weight, I would not be getting the full two inches. I did however end up with an 1 1/2.

Quick Reply: Teraflex performance leveling and sway links