Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex+OME Shocks or Fullout OME 2'' Lift

Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex+OME Shocks or Fullout OME 2'' Lift

I am trying to figure out a couple options to run by the wife (I know, but with a baby on the way she doesn't want me to buy a lot of extra toys).

First option
Buy Teraflex leveling kit and OME shocks on the four corners. Later, if I wanted to upgrade the coils I can do so at a reasonable cost.

125 for leveling kit and 340 for shocks = 465

Second Option
Buy OME HD 2'' lift. Bypass the leveling kit in favor of the OME coils and springs.

680 for the kit

Difference of 215 dollars, but in the long run would be more money if I was to buy the coils later on.

Any suggestions on setup.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Your going to a lot happier buying the ome kit as you can run that for a long time and not wonder what if. Been there, done that. I would spend the few extra $$$ and be happy. The ome ride will be way better than with a budget lift and their shocks.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mopar front with a winch after December 25th.

Homemade rear and looking to build a tire carrier on it pretty soon

I would like an hd front spring and medium rear. Just cause it is a 2 door and hard to fit so much crap in there to warrant a hd spring.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Could driveshaft angle be corrected with the medium/light duty spring. Make the back end sit lower.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NebRedrocker
I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that, with an auto you may have front DS issues because of the skid plate rubbing the boot when its flexing
I have the OME HD on my 2 dr. and got this ring on the front DS, when it came in contact with the exhaust cross over, I believe. I was still connected up front. I like the HD springs, and will be adding bumpers and a winch on down the road.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0726111656a.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	228497   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02775.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	228498   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02777.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	228499   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02776.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	228500  
Old 10-26-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go with the OME kit. It will save you money in the long run and everything will be matched to work together.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Treader
Mopar front with a winch after December 25th.

Homemade rear and looking to build a tire carrier on it pretty soon

I would like an hd front spring and medium rear. Just cause it is a 2 door and hard to fit so much crap in there to warrant a hd spring.
I would also suggest going straight for the OME shocks and HD coils, especially if you are planning on adding bumpers and a winch.

Down the road, you may want to also look into the following additions depending on your needs and how she rides:

Adj front & rear trackbars
front lower adj control arms
extended sway bar links
extended brake lines
extended bump stops
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I should be installing my ome hd coils next week. I can give you an after measurement. I have a psc brawler front and rear, m8000 winch and or fab tire carrier. Dave among others suggested the hd coils to stay 3 or less inches with the weight.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

So general consensus is OME to begin with.

I don't understand why the hd coils stay so long if they have the constant load weight they are subject too. I am looking for only a 2" lift but every seems to get 3 even with aftermarket bumpers, winches and tire carriers.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Treader
So general consensus is OME to begin with.

I don't understand why the hd coils stay so long if they have the constant load weight they are subject too. I am looking for only a 2" lift but every seems to get 3 even with aftermarket bumpers, winches and tire carriers.
I don't understand either, but I can tell you what the after result is. I currently have RC progressive front and non progressive rear. The ride is ok, but I (gf and I) wanted something better. I think the rc gives a little over 2in.

Quick Reply: Teraflex+OME Shocks or Fullout OME 2'' Lift