Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex not level need ideas

Old 06-07-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 lift

Yeah I dont know. The rear is perfect. I love the way that it sits. Once I get the 35s on it I think it will be just right. I dont even think I can get a 35 on the front. It would be very close and for sure it will rub.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default lift kit

Yes I know what you mean with the springs but the front and rear are really hard to get mixed up if you know how they are suppost to go. The taller smaller springs are up front and the shorter wider springs are in the rear. What do you guys think about the recomendation from the shop here in town to install a 2.5 spacer in the front and a 1 in the rear to gain a little more lift and level the front at the same time? I know the more spring the better but for the $$ do you think it will change it much as far as performance?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
I'd really need to see pictures and determine the source of the problem to give an opinion.

With a taller lift, you need longer shocks, bumpstops, brakelines, trackbar correction, etc.

Where did you buy your kit?
I bought the kit from the forum. It is brand new. Still in the box. Nothing had been opened. It was off an add a few weeks ago.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not going to accuse you of miss-installing anything, it really is a simple install. I am gonna throw this pointer out. I have the same kit and it leveled perfectly. When my buddy installed the same kit he had the passenger side lean. He made his mistake by not loosening all the control arms before the install. Once we got it back on the lift and loosened all the arms then set it down and retorqued it was perfect. I know alot of people have been skipping this step and find it hard to believe the stock rubber bushings can bind, but they do. If you did follow that step then I would contact TF, explain your problem and wait the approx. 2 days it will take for them to get you new springs!!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I am not going to accuse you of miss-installing anything, it really is a simple install. I am gonna throw this pointer out. I have the same kit and it leveled perfectly. When my buddy installed the same kit he had the passenger side lean. He made his mistake by not loosening all the control arms before the install. Once we got it back on the lift and loosened all the arms then set it down and retorqued it was perfect. I know alot of people have been skipping this step and find it hard to believe the stock rubber bushings can bind, but they do. If you did follow that step then I would contact TF, explain your problem and wait the approx. 2 days it will take for them to get you new springs!!
that is a very good point. I don't see how the bushing could be bound up that much. It would have to really be compressing the hell out of that spring. Maybe if the rear was bound with the arms down and the fronts with them bound facing more up... maybe between the two... but driving it a little should get rid of most of it... especially that much. I would think.

Call Joe in the morning and see what he says. He is an awesome guy. Even though it was all still in the boxes and stuff, it is still considered used by most places since you didn;t buy it new yourself... ya know? Luckily it is Teraflex, and I think they will be more helpful than any other manufacturer out there. Good luck, and let us know what happens.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default lift kit

I did loosen the control arms on the lift front and rear. I didnt tighten them until after it was on the ground because of binding. I just wanted to make sure. I have had a little bit of trouble with that on an xj that I owned before. I measured from the rock guard rather than the fenders like I had done before. I am still two inches taller in the rear. I feel very comfortable with installing this kit, however I did have a buddy go over it with me earlier just to make sure I didnt have a slip up. We couldnt find anything he felt that the problem was with the front springs provided. Its the same on both sides of the vehicle. Thats what is strange because I wouldnt think that I would get two short springs. I dont know.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob4607
I had the exact same problem. went round and round for months trying to figure it out. finally had to replace all the coils. I got slammed a lot with the you put the rear springs in the front or its a jeep thing blah blah but I didn't feel content with a 30K plus rubicon less than 2 months old with a new found lean from a lift. there were a few others with the exact same problems .
Yeah no doubt.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 06-08-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

The only solution I can think of is your front coils are duds. Your rears are fine it sounds so keep those, but call up Teraflex tomorrow and get them to send you the correct front coils.

Loosening/tightening control arms, etc. won't affect the rake of the JK. It's the front coils. Teraflex should help you out.

Sorry I can't be more informative (unless you have pics) but I feel confident your front coils are shot.

JUST THOUGHT OF THIS -- One other thing, what shocks are you running? Perhaps your front shocks aren't long or stiff enough to accomodate the lift you have? Check into that as shocks can very well be affecting the rake as well.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 AM
JK Junkie

With this kit there's no way you'll need 2.5" spacers on top of the coils to level it out. The coils themselves should result in an almost level stance...even with a winch. Maybe a 3/4" spacer up front if you have a heavy front bumper too but that's it. Take pics and send to TF...they are very helpful and have great customer support.

BTW - Were the front spring isolators re-installed ?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent, hope to hear from you on this.

Quick Reply: teraflex not level need ideas