Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex not level need ideas

Old 06-07-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex not level need ideas

I dont know if this is suppost to have a two inch diffrence front to rear or not. The space in the front are rear wheel wells are not even. I was told by one shop that every one that they have done has been lower in the front. Here on the forum people are saying that it sits pretty even. Mine does not sit pretty even. I am measuring 22 inches in the rear and 20 in the front. This measurement was taken on the rocker guard on the front and rear. I have measured it on several diffrent surfaces to make sure that I didnt have an uneven area. I also measured from the frame and there is still a two inch diffrence there. When you stand next to it you can definitly see it. I love the ride of the lift. It is very smooth a great product it just looks a bit goofy. I could be off here and maybe it is suppost to sit this way. It didnt sit like this stock. I know that some jeeps may sit diffrent when lifted so maybe thats it. Here are the pics of it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. http://good-times.webshots.com/album/572934909GsuCQk

Last edited by 07jkjeeper; 06-10-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is supposed to be about 3" front and 2" rear. First negative I have seen about this lift. I wouldn't stack a 2.5" spacer with it personally. Do you have a photo?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default teraflex 2.5

Yes I know all I have heard is good about this kit. It sits way lower in the front. I measured the rear and it sits at 40 inches with the stock tires. The front and its at 37.5. Measuring from the ground to the bottom of the stock fender flare. I dont have a picture yet I will post one soon. The rear is perfect. Once I get the 35s on it I will have all the departure that I need. No more rubbing on easy stuff. I dont get the front. I do have a winch on the front but stock bumper. It shouldnt be heavy enough to drop the front like this. I am a big fan of Tera flex. The lift is very smooth. I just dont see the change in the front like I do in the rear. Perfect in the back. Not so great up front. If I want it to sit level I am going to have to put a spacer in.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I would run this by Joe with Teraflex and ask him what he thinks.  Like bigblue I have never heard any negative comments about the kit. I have the kit on my 2dr and we installed one on a friends unlimited rubi. The lift evened out both JK's nicely.

Post some pics of the entire jeep as well as some of the suspension itself.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Not sure if it's possible, but could you have put the front coils in the rear and vice versa? The front should be stiffer to accomodate for a heavier bumper, winch, and to eliminate the factory rake...
Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cyruspura
Not sure if it's possible, but could you have put the front coils in the rear and vice versa? The front should be stiffer to accomodate for a heavier bumper, winch, and to eliminate the factory rake...
there is no way the front coils would fit in the rear the rear springs are much wider than the fronts and both sets would not seed properly into different places but the one made for
Old 06-07-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2.5 inch kit

I have all of the springs right. I just dont know. I even looked at a jeep with the exact kit that I have and It didnt look anything like mine. Same conditions as mine. Winch on the front same model jeep just not the rake that mine has. It has the stink bug look. I will get some pics on soon. I dont know what the deal is. Teraflex has a great product. I have had several of there kits and never anything like this.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi

pm sent your way.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

maybe you got bad front coils? 37.5" in the front doesnt sound right. Mine sits a little higher than that with the BB spacers
Old 06-07-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Jedi

something is def not right.

Quick Reply: teraflex not level need ideas