Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex mystery bracket

Old 02-20-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default terraflex part #001554700 JK right rear shock ext.

Funny story to go along with this thread. I have 2 of these sitting on my desk. I ordered tj shock relocators from 4wd hardware and they sent me 1 of these, then sent another when I told them it was a jk relocator and only the right side, called them back and told them to check their bins and sure enough had these in the bin for tj brackets. If you give teraflex this part #, they should be able to get you a left side. Probrably wouldn't hurt to install them if you get the other one free....
Old 02-20-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK guys... I just layed out on the ol' concrete driveway in the damn snow and....

Took my pass. side shock off,

Tried to put the bracket on...

Everything ALMOST lines up. It looks like this is what the bracket is intended for, it just doesnt line up enough to get the bolt through. Now mind you, I'm a hard workin, get it done one way or another kind of guy, and this thing just isn't happening. It really seems like a good idea as far as keeping the trackbar from smacking the shock cylinder at full flex, but the holes are just shy of lining up. Oh well. It's been fine so far, and I guess I just have a dented up shock to look forward to. Thanks for all the input guys!

This is my #1 website. The first place I go to when I hop on the computer. Everyone here is really cool. I've been a member at other sites before, and there is just so much stupid bickering and whatever. THANK YOU to all you JK guys. Makes me proud to be part of the "team".
Old 02-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the right rear shock relocation bracket.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put the bracket on the lower end of the rear passenger side shock. If you don't, you will ruin the body on the shock. I received a new shock and relo bracket from Teraflex after ruining my original shock.

-Tom
Old 02-21-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubyred
That's the shock relocation bracket. it will push the bottom of the shock out enough to clear the drop bracket from hitting the top of the shock.
OOOHHHH!!!! that makes sense, my rear trac bar does contact the shock just a hair... but it doesn't have me worried. but that makes sense that that is what the mystery bracket is
Old 02-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the delaid response here. It's getting to be that time of year again when we are our busiest.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YmansJK
So I guess I was right. Man I actually do know what I am talking about sometimes. LOL
Yes you are!! Congrats...I am giving you a gold star and throwing one of mine away...crap!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mystery solved! Thanks everybody. After I took the shock off, I could see that the can was dented up a little bit from hitting the trackbar. I put the bracket on today.

Wow, I was going to throw this thing out a while back. Another THANK YOU to JK-FORUM.

Heres the clearance between the shock can, and the trackbar BEFORE....

And here's AFTER....

Last edited by zerodown; 02-24-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

I installed the same Teraflex 3 inch lift and got the same mystery bracket??? yipee free worthless bracket...
Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

anyone else have rear sway bar clearance issues??? wheel spacers = danger danger will robinson... mayhaps toss the rear swaybar???

Quick Reply: Teraflex mystery bracket