Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Lowers

Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TeraFlex Lowers

I just got my TF Front lower control arms today from Northridge. Does anyone know if they are supposed to come with zerks? Mine just have a plug in them. What size zerk do I get? Also, is anyone out there who is running just the lowers on front know what a good length is to start with for a 4in lift? It's a bit late to call David, so this is my night source of info.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I just got my TF Front lower control arms today from Northridge. Does anyone know if they are supposed to come with zerks? Mine just have a plug in them. What size zerk do I get? Also, is anyone out there who is running just the lowers on front know what a good length is to start with for a 4in lift? It's a bit late to call David, so this is my night source of info.
If I'm not mistaken its 23 1/4" center of eye to eye for both, but Teraflex recommends that the passenger side LCA be a 1/8" longer since most JKs tend to go right. If thats not your problem then keep them the same. This should give you about 7 degrees of caster if you already have the uppers. In my case my JK goes to the left so my driver side LCA is a 1/8" longer. Didn't help much though...

Hope that helps!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Did yours come with zerks? I don't have adj uppers, so I was wondering if my lower adj should be different than recommended. Also , can the lowers be changed with the jeep on the ground or would it be better to jack it up to change them?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Did yours come with zerks? I don't have adj uppers, so I was wondering if my lower adj should be different than recommended. Also , can the lowers be changed with the jeep on the ground or would it be better to jack it up to change them?
I just installed my FT lowers, and definitely do it on the ground. Safer, easier, 30 minute job if all your tools are handy. Get a miscellaneous package of standard (not metric) zerks at the auto store, you'll probably use them all eventually.
I got my girlfriend to pump the jack a bit (under the diff) to get the bolt holes to line up on the first arm, didn't even bother to call her for the second.
Make sure you're setting them to equal lengths and use the recommended length, or a little bit shorter. 23 1/4" would be a good number with the stock uppers.
See how it drives, then adjust more if needed. Also, an angle indicator on the lower C will give you a good idea of where it's at.

Last edited by edwin907; 11-19-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

The only way I know of to adjust length on the LCAs is off the ground. Although I think I once read that WOL had a "lazy" way of adjusting his control arms while on the ground, but I'm not sure.

As for the zerks, when I bought my CAs some came with zerks and others were incomplete. Make sure you get them ASAP because I don't think that you should ride them with out greasing them first. At least that is what I did. I don't remember the size of the zerks. Sorry

Last edited by jayrav; 11-19-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I forgot to mention that after the install you should go to a alignment shop, but you don't have to. Peace of mind.

Also torque spec are 115-120lbs
Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Thanks guys, appreciate the help!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

I took the "plug" out, it's a needle fitting, DUHHH! Well, not the first time I've ever been stupid.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Lowers