Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Long Arm - Insulating front control arm mount brackets

Old 10-28-2015, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Teraflex Long Arm - Insulating front control arm mount brackets

Anyone running the Teraflex long arm on a 3.8L JK will notice the front control arm mount brackets, particulalry on driver side, are very close to the exhaust & lower catalysts. Combined with the cat Teraflex's upper control arm flex joints are rather small (probably too small), the heat from the exhaust & cats causes premature failure. Taking a cue from the Factory, who have installed upper control arm heat shields on recent model 3.6L JKs, I decided to try insulating the Teraflex mounts. I used some DEI 50501 stuff from Summit. One test drive shows promise, the arms & bushings were cool enough to touch, particularly on driver side. If you're chewing up Teraflex's expensive bushings with regularity like I was this may be your fix.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice install/solution. Looks good!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks! Time will tell. If this doesn't work I'll be making a change to another brand's front brackets, joints & upper links.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Long Arm - Insulating front control arm mount brackets