Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex lift question

Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex lift question

New to the forum so I was wondering if anyone else is using the TeraFlex JK Wrangler 3in Suspension System w/FlexArms & Shocks. If i do buy this kit what else would I need and if u could give pros and cons to this kit.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

Give some info about your jeep.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

I got a 08 JK sahara unlimited looking to put 35's on it. i go offroading about twice a month
Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

I have that set up. The kit is very complete, the only things outside the kit I bought were a front adjustable trackbar to recenter the axle, and rear spring wedges (rock krawler 10deg) to combat spring bow. I've had the kit on for about 4 months and love it.

I followed the installation/front end alignment write up from project-jk which made the install strightforward (but time consuming) and it drives well.

Let me know if you have any questions on the install.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
cfr
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FlameRed
... rear spring wedges (rock krawler 10deg) to combat spring bow.
I've got the 4-inch full-flexarm lift and have thought about the rear spring wedges too. Has anyone else done this? Is it really necessary?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Plenty of folks here are running that lift. A quick search will give plenty of threads to browse through. TeraFlex is also a sponsor here, so I'm sure they will reply before long.

I would suggest that you start with the FAQ's, though. There is some good info to get you heading in the right direction - lift height vs tire height, tire width vs backspace needed, suggested components for various heights, gearing recommendations, etc.

One thing to note is that the TF 3" coils are tall, and will give somewhere in the 4-5" lift range. Plenty of room for 35's, but read the cautions on Driveshafts, as you may very well find yourself needing new shafts.

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-11-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Did any of u regear to 5.13's and if so where did u buy yours gears from.thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Try northridge4x4.com

You'll see that they (David) has a fairly good rep here...
Old 12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
dxu
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who do have the Teraflex leveling kit specifically, does adding just the lift kit (all the pieces included) affect your suspension such as wandering, darting, stress on parts, etc?

DU
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

There are a bunch of folks running the lift including myself. The only mandatory thing you need extra is a front adjustable track bar. I am running the rear stock with the bracket. If you dial in your suspension, you can get it to drive just as good as stock. IMO this lift suits the JK perfectly, and 35s are perfect. Spending the extra money now will pay dividends in the future.

Quick Reply: teraflex lift question