Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Teraflex lift package, or something comparable?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Teraflex lift package, or something comparable?

which package to choose???

So my JK is ready to sprout from 285s to 35s... Im trying to stay under $2,000 for a lift and gears. I will be installing myself so labor is free, but I am having trouble deciding which lift package to go with...
TeraFlex offers so many packages and Im not sure what I should go with...
I've been doing a lot of off roading with the local club in and out of state so I'll need the best bang for my buck right now...

I am tossed between the kits that offer 3 inches with no control arms, 4 control arms, or 8 control arms??? I just want something that will clear 35s for now and not put a lot of stress on the drive shafts... even considering the 2.5 kit for now...

Suggestions???
Old 08-21-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Suggestion is the Old Man EMU Long Travel Kit:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...OME-LT-JK-LIFT

For an extra $100.00 you can opt for the Front Lower Control Arms by TeraFlex for Caster Alignments.

You will get about 3" of lift if you have a two door. and with 35's you will have a MONSTROUS rig.

The good things about this kit:

- More complete than other kits
- Doing it right the first time will allow for generating funds quick
- Quality, Quality, and Quality
- Almost everything this kits comes with is Adjustable
- The ride is a night and day different on flat roads

The bad things about this kit:

- Costly, sure, but you'll be satisfied.
- Netting over 3" of lift, like any kit at this height, you may need a new aftermarket front drive shaft that is assuming you have an automatic.
- If you get the upper front control arms with this kit (Standard) then you have to cut off a bolt that takes a few minutes.

Um! here is my photo album with Old Man EMU LT with stock Rubicon Tires - (Only can dream with 35s/37.

http://s878.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20car%20wash/

Old 08-21-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joeydude
which package to choose???

So my JK is ready to sprout from 285s to 35s... Im trying to stay under $2,000 for a lift and gears. I will be installing myself so labor is free, but I am having trouble deciding which lift package to go with...
TeraFlex offers so many packages and Im not sure what I should go with...
I've been doing a lot of off roading with the local club in and out of state so I'll need the best bang for my buck right now...

I am tossed between the kits that offer 3 inches with no control arms, 4 control arms, or 8 control arms??? I just want something that will clear 35s for now and not put a lot of stress on the drive shafts... even considering the 2.5 kit for now...

Suggestions???
IF I were you, this is the kit I'd get

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1256200

Everything you need , plus if your budget is $2000 then getting this will allow you enough $ to get a rear ds since your running a 2dr. IMO , you'll get frt lowers/ rear uppers , the bare mininum for a 2dr to function well and adjust castor and rear driveline. You get a quality kit, and unparralled customer service from both David at Northridge and also a prominent sponsor on here, Joe from Teraflex. Now this is JMO, but your better off getting this now rather than running just a 2.5 kit and later changing springs and adding arms you shoulda got in the first place.
You can always add the other 4 ca's at a later date as if you even need them. Just my 2cents.
EDIT: ooops see you want gears too for under $2000 and run 35's. Might just wanna get a BB for now.

Quick Reply: Which Teraflex lift package, or something comparable?