Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex lift Kit 2.5 with stock wheels

Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if your rear axle goes to full droop offroad, the rear sway link will hit the inside of the OEM wheel. There is a reason the instructions says 4.5inch backspaced wheel is required, even if you are running 32's you run the risk of this happening.

I know a bunch of people will chime in and say they run OEM 32's with this lift no problem, and they are probably 100% correct because they have never fully flexed the suspension... but if you plan to wheel it hard, do yourself a favor and pick up a set of wheel spacers.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hypeiv
if your rear axle goes to full droop offroad, the rear sway link will hit the inside of the OEM wheel. There is a reason the instructions says 4.5inch backspaced wheel is required, even if you are running 32's you run the risk of this happening.

I know a bunch of people will chime in and say they run OEM 32's with this lift no problem, and they are probably 100% correct because they have never fully flexed the suspension... but if you plan to wheel it hard, do yourself a favor and pick up a set of wheel spacers.
You're in right Hypeiv! infact I purchase them first and then the lift kit; when you say "4.5inch backspaced" do you mean the total added width from wheel to wheel or for each wheel? because I got spacer of 3cm per wheel so 6cm from wheel to wheel...
Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Backspacing is the distance from the wheel mounting pad to the inside edge of the wheel. The stock wheels have around 6" of backspacing (I cant remember exactly). So, adding a set of wheel spacers of 1.5" will lower that number to around the 4.5" area (which is a common backspace for an aftermarket wheel).
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by magnum.pi
Hi Ray! Have you the lift installed in that pic? Because it seems very equilibrated!!
The lift is installed, but I am also running front Control Arm relocation brackets. They move the mounting point of the CA on the frame side forward and lower. This improves the castor and ride of the Jeep, but it does make the front lower than the back. If you look close you can see it. I had to use some puck spacers to get the front even with the back.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Terraflex 2.5 coil lift with stock 17" wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1112.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	429989
Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rays0852
The lift is installed, but I am also running front Control Arm relocation brackets. They move the mounting point of the CA on the frame side forward and lower. This improves the castor and ride of the Jeep, but it does make the front lower than the back. If you look close you can see it. I had to use some puck spacers to get the front even with the back.
Thats hard to believe. I just dont see how changing the location of the control arm mounting points would raise/lower the Jeep... its still being supported by the same springs which is really what sets the height.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Here's my 4 door. Teraflex 2.5 coil lift stock rims and tires.

Name:	image-3429078769.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	430189

Name:	image-3787199752.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	430190

Quick Reply: Teraflex lift Kit 2.5 with stock wheels