Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Lift Broken - Input Needed

Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFA_nsk
The only thing that's allows me to sleep at night knowing I get 11.4 mpg is the fact that I run something over every chance I get.
X2! LOL.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How does this even happen if u don't wheel? The only thing that's allows me to sleep at night knowing I get 11.4 mpg is the fact that I run something over every chance I get. You have 39's!!! Please take it out and wheel because you are missing out on a ton of good times. I think the reason they are breaking is because the jeep gods are angry at you for mall crawling it.

AWSOME! I fully agree!

Feel lucky you get 11.4. I get 10! I run 37' and 38's and do wheel it.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Menard666
Lol you guys are too much. His Jeeps will be 100% fine once fixed. Does it suck that it happened? Yes. Was it the installers fault? No. Nobody can look at a weld and say if it is good or bad. If you can, I know a lot of places that would gladly fire their x-ray techs for your services. Teraflex has addressed the problem with their gussets, which now ship with the kits.
You obviously know more than anyone here about welding and installs. We bow to your expertise.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also I don't know if the teraflex parts have a life tine warranty but you should call them if you already haven't. There is even a official teraflex guy on these forums try sending them a PM
Yes there is a lifetime warranty and he just called me a little while ago.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess I should feel lucky I get get 12.5 mpg. Here is a photo my buddy sent me(other Jeep starting to break) who has the same rig as mine from his cell phone to brag about his gas mileage. His foot is not quite as heavy as mine.

Its not that I don't want to wheel my rig, just have not had the time. Here in Texas we don't have a lot of area available for wheeling. NO PUBLIC land, almost all is private land. The places that do offer it are not just down the road, and I don't really want to go unless I have some others to go with.

I am sure you all can relate, I have 2 sons that both play Football, Basketball, Wrestling, Lacrosse, and Baseball. Basketball just finished on Saturday and spring Football practice starts tomorrow, and Lacrosse & Baseball started in January. So we always have a minimum of two sports, sometimes 3 going at same time, all I do is drive from one practice/game to another 7 days a week.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

I am sure you all can relate, I have 2 sons that both play Football, Basketball, Wrestling, Lacrosse, and Baseball. Basketball just finished on Saturday and spring Football practice starts tomorrow, and Lacrosse & Baseball started in January. So we always have a minimum of two sports, sometimes 3 going at same time, all I do is drive from one practice/game to another 7 days a week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can definately relate, that was my life for eight years when our girls were playing softball, basketball and volleyball in school and on travel teams, and it does take up alot of your time, but man is fun when you watch your kids out there playing those sports. You can wheel that Jeep anytime but your kids are only young once. Good luck gettin your Jeep put back together.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DegoRed
I guess I should feel lucky I get get 12.5 mpg. Here is a photo my buddy sent me(other Jeep starting to break) who has the same rig as mine from his cell phone to brag about his gas mileage. His foot is not quite as heavy as mine.

Its not that I don't want to wheel my rig, just have not had the time. Here in Texas we don't have a lot of area available for wheeling. NO PUBLIC land, almost all is private land. The places that do offer it are not just down the road, and I don't really want to go unless I have some others to go with.

I am sure you all can relate, I have 2 sons that both play Football, Basketball, Wrestling, Lacrosse, and Baseball. Basketball just finished on Saturday and spring Football practice starts tomorrow, and Lacrosse & Baseball started in January. So we always have a minimum of two sports, sometimes 3 going at same time, all I do is drive from one practice/game to another 7 days a week.
You probably don't have any time for sleep with two kids at that age with those activities. Don't sweat it. They'll be in high school before you know it and you will have a life again. I sometimes sleep until 10am on the weekends now. My gas mileage is still 13.5 though.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

ok first off! im not going to make friends hear....but come on common since ppl a 1/4 in. plate welded to a 1/16 frame twisting and pulling geeez what could happen good weld or not is not a good idea! im not pointing fingers at all but builders please put your kids in these rides.when you get to the point of thats not gonna work think overkill. but time is money right! uhg
i hope you let the shop know what happen so the can learn from it! and suing ppl kinda puts Americas out of the job dont it?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Lift Broken - Input Needed