Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Lift Broken - Input Needed

Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disclosing that and other details would be up to the OP. I would definitely make him pay to have it fully repaired somewhere else. The liability policies that most businesses carry would cover it.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattonline
Disclosing that and other details would be up to the OP.
Not for nothing but even if he is the nicest guy in the world, he did irreversible damage to your BRAND NEW JEEP.

Sure you can fix the frame but it is never the same as it was new and perfect.

This has to be thousands upon thousands in damage between the kit and the actual damage done... and i certainly would not let this guy do the fixing. He pays for it or he gets sued its that simple.

Currently you have not one, but TWO brand new, broken jeeps. And he has all your money and not a care in the world.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trauma
Not for nothing but even if he is the nicest guy in the world, he did irreversible damage to your BRAND NEW JEEP.

Sure you can fix the frame but it is never the same as it was new and perfect.

This has to be thousands upon thousands in damage between the kit and the actual damage done... and i certainly would not let this guy do the fixing. He pays for it or he gets sued its that simple.

Currently you have not one, but TWO brand new, broken jeeps. And he has all your money and not a care in the world.
Agree totally. That's why, IMO it would pay off in the long run to be very careful about how it gets fixed and who fixes it. Not sure if I would keep that Jeep if I ever had plans for taking it off the road.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Matt, never thought of having them come pick it up, I would happily pay a couple hundred to save me the hassles of going back and forth to Dallas.

I am sure IF I went back to the guy/shop who did the work, he would fix it for no charge, however I am not going to do that. The guy/shop who did the work is a 2 person shop, they work on one vehicle at a time. I have sued more than my fair share of persons in my day, and going after this guy would net me nothing but more aggravation, certainly no money, and I would spend whatever in legal fees to collect nothing.

Just going to get it fixed. I have no doubt this can be fixed and made right. YES its probably going to cost me $1000-$1500. I know this would have broken with a good weld or bad weld at some point. Looking at it up close, the attachment point is just a bad design.

Thanks again everyone for your input, I really appreciate it. I can't tell you all how helpful it is to have a community such as this forum to come to with a problem like this. Heck think of back in the day when a forum like this did not exist. You break your rig and are stuck trying to figure it out on your own. Input from all, good or bad, is helpful and much appreciated.

Last edited by DegoRed; 02-22-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DegoRed or anyone else with a TeraFlex Long Arm kit on their JK, if you do not have the brace brackets, please contact me. TeraFlex will send these out no charge to anyone one needing these brackets.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok agreed the weld does not look all that good however the weld did not fail it was the small surface area that was not great enough and so the frame gave out. That being said still should not have failed especially since this vehicle was not being wheeled!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dego, best of luck to you. Would love to see some pics when you get it fixed up too!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol you guys are too much. His Jeeps will be 100% fine once fixed. Does it suck that it happened? Yes. Was it the installers fault? No. Nobody can look at a weld and say if it is good or bad. If you can, I know a lot of places that would gladly fire their x-ray techs for your services. Teraflex has addressed the problem with their gussets, which now ship with the kits.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I spoke with Joe at TeraFlex, great guy! We spoke for about 15 minutes, and TeraFelx is going to send me the parts to fix my Jeep and the gusset plates for my buddies Jeep.
Here is my ride in case you have never seen it.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking ride!

Too bad about your lift.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Lift Broken - Input Needed