Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex lift

Old 06-04-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of tools will I need to install this kit?
Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keyrat13
What kind of tools will I need to install this kit?
basic hand tools, here ya go.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 06-04-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does Dave at Northridge deal with the Canadian site too?
Was looking at the same exact lift kit the past few days and really on the brink of picking it up.
Sorta on the fence right now that I saw a JK with flat flares which looks amazing and adds so much more clearance.

Just find it funny how the flares cost almost the same price as the lift kit.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

I went with the coil lift and shock adapters. Figured my shocks are still good. May as well keep'em and replace them with something awesome when they wear out.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SpoonJK
Does Dave at Northridge deal with the Canadian site too?
Was looking at the same exact lift kit the past few days and really on the brink of picking it up.
Sorta on the fence right now that I saw a JK with flat flares which looks amazing and adds so much more clearance.

Just find it funny how the flares cost almost the same price as the lift kit.
Stan is in Canada. Good guy. Call'im.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

So im looking at the different teraflex 2.5 budget boost options. I see there are three, one that includes shocks, another that has shock adapters instead of shocks, and another that has no shocks. I'd like to know what the big differences are between all of these. Would it be a waste to go for the cheapest option without shocks? What is different between the shock adapter and the shocks? What do you guys recommend? Help meeee!!!!!
I bought the tereflex 3" lift kit with springs and shocks. Itn ended up giving me a little over 4" of lift. I ended up yanking the springs and replaced them with a tereflex spring that was one inch shorter. Its been over a year now and the springs have settled to exactly 3 inches (with bumpers and wench). If I were to do it over, I would piece it and stay away from the kit. There were somethings in the kit that are great, like the rear swaybar relocation bracket, but other things like the swaybar connects that are just junk!
The shocks are too long as well. I ended up spending more money to get what I wanted. Definately worth researching every part of the kit!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

if i was to get the teraflex 2.5 coil lift would i need to get new shocks aswell?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

if i was to get the teraflex 2.5 coil lift would i need to get new shocks aswell?
You can get the kit with just the adapters to use your existing shocks, but unless you have a rubi I'd suggest looking at bilsteins 5100s or the TF shocks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bosox5
You can get the kit with just the adapters to use your existing shocks, but unless you have a rubi I'd suggest looking at bilsteins 5100s or the TF shocks

I second that one. I got mine with the adapters and am starting to regret it. New shocks are on the express train to the top of the next mod list.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bosox5

3rd That !
You can get the complete Kit springs/shocks.
Add some front discos and you will see how the new shocks make a huge change to the "flex" ability of your JK.

(I have photos of this lift in my Photo Alb)

Quick Reply: Teraflex lift