Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex lift

Old 06-04-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex lift

So im looking at the different teraflex 2.5 budget boost options. I see there are three, one that includes shocks, another that has shock adapters instead of shocks, and another that has no shocks. I'd like to know what the big differences are between all of these. Would it be a waste to go for the cheapest option without shocks? What is different between the shock adapter and the shocks? What do you guys recommend? Help meeee!!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

I have a Rubi so I just went with the adapter option along with the BB. wish I would have just went with the coils from the beginning though like Dave told me to.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the no shock option is for people that are going to be getting a different brand aftermarket shock(I.e. Bilstein,Fox,OME, etc.). The cheapest route would be the adapters.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAINSTATEBEAR
I have a Rubi so I just went with the adapter option along with the BB. wish I would have just went with the coils from the beginning though like Dave told me to.
Whats better about the coils?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keyrat13
Whats better about the coils?
Tflex coils are pretty HD and yield a minimum amount of lift they're rated for, often giving an extra inch... so, a coil for a 3" lift sometimes gives you closer to 4" depending on how much aftermarket accessories you have mounted. Heavy bumpers can sag the front end and the coils correct the "rake", leveling out the Jeep. Pretty cool.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

a budget boost is just a puck which goes on top of your coil springs. This often makes the ride of the jk much worse. Coils on the other hand are just longer coil springs which provide the lift without to much sacrifice of ride quality (on and off road) I would just spend the extra on getting the springs, dont go with a BB. As for the shocks, now that the jk would be lifted you would need longer shocks (ie extension or new ones) no shocks means that you'll need to buy a different brand, shocks means their brand is included, extensions just gives you the height to match the lift
Old 06-04-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jhb26len
a budget boost is just a puck which goes on top of your coil springs. This often makes the ride of the jk much worse. Coils on the other hand are just longer coil springs which provide the lift without to much sacrifice of ride quality (on and off road) I would just spend the extra on getting the springs, dont go with a BB. As for the shocks, now that the jk would be lifted you would need longer shocks (ie extension or new ones) no shocks means that you'll need to buy a different brand, shocks means their brand is included, extensions just gives you the height to match the lift
I didn't lose any ride quality with my BB. But not long after installing it I'm already switching to coils. So if it's in your plans and budget, go with coils.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

what would be a good reasonably priced set of coils? Im looking for a 2.5-3 inch lift
Old 06-04-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1351002........
Old 06-04-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to get a TF 2.5" coil lift with adapters for around $425 shipped. Call Dave @ Northridge or Bryan(Bustabizz) @ 4wd.com. Either of them will give you a great deal on this kit.

Quick Reply: Teraflex lift