Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Leveling vs 2.5 lift

Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Leveling vs 2.5 lift

Okay - everytime I think I have my mind made up I read some new info. My 08 Unlimited is a daily driver and I probably will not go bigger than 33 inch tires anytime soon. I will be adding a front/rear bumper and probably a winch.

So - am I better off with the leveling kit or a 2.5 lift? Is there anything else I should be looking at (coils, etc)?

Many thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NormalJeep
Okay - everytime I think I have my mind made up I read some new info. My 08 Unlimited is a daily driver and I probably will not go bigger than 33 inch tires anytime soon. I will be adding a front/rear bumper and probably a winch.

So - am I better off with the leveling kit or a 2.5 lift? Is there anything else I should be looking at (coils, etc)?

Many thanks!
With front + rear bumpers plus a winch i'd say a 2.5 would be the way to go, levelling kit is only gonna give ya something like 1.5" in the front and 1 in the back which the bumpers and winch will pretty much neutralize. Then again im no suspension expert I was in the same boat you're in a few weeks ago so hopefully somebody with more knowledge than me chimes in soon lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a 2010 Rubi with the leveling kit and 315's...with my stock 32's I was 38" to the bottom of my fender. Just to give you a idea..btw I have flat fenders coming..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 001.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	39221   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 006.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	39222  
Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went from a TF leveling kit to a lift that is roughly 2.5". The leveling kit is simpler to install, as there is less work envolved. However, with you having a 4dr, I suggest going with a 2.5". The leveling kit was fine on my 2dr, but with the extra wheelbase of a 4dr, you need the extra lift.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with the 2.5, its easy to install and looks great, I've got the 2.5 BB on my jeep and it drive's real nice aswell
Old 03-23-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent, thanks all! With the TF Budget Boost are you all going with shocks as well or getting the bare bones kit?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Well here is my 2 cents worth.. From experiance so maybe its worth 3 cents..

I have a rubi unlimited. Went with the TF 2.5BB. Put on heavy bumper in the front and a winch. I ended up with about 1/2 of travel n the front end before my bumpstops hit. Mind you this was just in the front with the bumper and winch installed. I called TF and Joe said that the 2.5 coils had just come out and he said that would take care of my problems. I ordered the springs only as the BBB kit had the rest of the stuff i needed. I removed my BBB pucks (they now live in florida) and installed the springs. TThat solved the problem. The setup looks good!

I still don't know why people need to level the jeep. When you put stuff in the back it levels its self, other wise it looks like your draggin your ass end around all the time....

I hope this helps out.. BTW I run stock tires on my Rubi, have no need to go bigger....

I have a few shot of my jeep on my web site..
www.ccrw.biz
Old 03-23-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcboy1969
Here's a 2010 Rubi with the leveling kit and 315's...with my stock 32's I was 38" to the bottom of my fender. Just to give you a idea..btw I have flat fenders coming..
How much do you rub with the 315's? Are the flat fenders a must? I think that's the 1st time I've seen that big of a tire with a leveling kit. I like the look but is it functional?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

How much do you rub with the 315's?
None around town or with a few people in the back.
Are the flat fenders a must?
I would think I need about a 1-1 1/2" more that would put me in the 2.5 inch lift area, My self I like the look of flat fenders so thats the route I'm going plus I wanna keep the overall height down.
I like the look but is it functional?
I would say for around town or trail riding yes but if your going do anything that will tuck the tire I'm positive there would be damage to the fenders.
Hope that helps
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcboy1969
None around town or with a few people in the back.

I would think I need about a 1-1 1/2" more that would put me in the 2.5 inch lift area, My self I like the look of flat fenders so thats the route I'm going plus I wanna keep the overall height down.

I would say for around town or trail riding yes but if your going do anything that will tuck the tire I'm positive there would be damage to the fenders.
Hope that helps
Thanks! I love that color and those rims, your jeep looks great!

Quick Reply: Teraflex Leveling vs 2.5 lift