Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Leveling lift

Old 06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Leveling lift

Been looking at Jeeps and talking myself out of it since I was 16. Finally bought an 09 JK Unlimited X last month. I've been lurking here since I bought the jeep. I posted this question on another forum, but didn't get much feedback.

I plan to run stock the stock 32" tires and maybe replace them with a wider tire someday but no taller than 33". I don't want to get into gear swaps etc... My jeep will spend 90%+ of the time as my Daily Driver and the other 10% on trails. I won't be rock crawling. This is mainly to level it out and the additional lift will look better too.

Has anyone installed the Teraflex Leveling Kit on their JK? Any thoughts about it?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go wider than stock on the tires, you'll need wheel spacers.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not used this kit, but it looks great, and the price is dirt cheap. I did a 2" superlift BB when I first got my jeep. I wish this kit had been out. It is 1/3rd what I payed and makes the jeep sit like it should have from the factory.

I cannot vouch for the kit, but I can for Teraflex, and Joe that works for them. He is a great guy working for a great company. The stuff they make is overbuilt and tough as nails. I have been very happy with them. (BTW, I know that everyone just reccomends the lift they own, but I have had 2 lifts on my JK so far, and 5 other jeeps in the past all lifted and most more than once)

Teraflex is the best company/product I have delt with yet. Hands down.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

I had the Daystar kit on mine before I went with the TF 2.5" kit. I can tell you a leveling kit is about the easiest install out there, took me all of about an hour (with a buddy) and made a very noticable difference in look, but rode like stock. You will love it!!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
If you go wider than stock on the tires, you'll need wheel spacers.
So what you're saying is that this kit (unlinke the 2.5 BB kit) doesn't require you to use 4.5 inch BS on your wheels. I can just throw on these spacers, and maybe longer shocks and be set to go?
Old 06-08-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Super Freak

my 2 cents for what it is worth. Although anything TF puts out is usually quality I would say get the 2.5" kit. You can run as you are saying with 32s no problem... you also will be set if you want 33s, or 35s. TRUST me when I say you will want more lift and bigger tires... I don't care what you say right now.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Teraflex - I will get spacers before I go to wider tires. Would you recommend shocks with this kit? Will it affect driveability such that I need to look at control arms, track bars, etc...?

greenamp - I hear you, but I am a little leary of going too high, I managed to flip my lifted pickup on it's side when I was younger. Over reacted evading an accident on the street and ended up on my side. Totally my fault, but I don't want a very tall vehicle with a high center of gravity any more. I am also too cheap to re-gear, and to picky to live with the auto, 3.73's and 35s. I may eventually prove you right, but I doubt it.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

I am running a 2.5 TF on 35s and it is as stable as it was stock. 2.5" higher but my trac increase with wider tires and 4.5" offset wheels. As fo rgears... 3.73 would be good up to 33s. I ma running 4.10 with 35s and it is ... OK
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

I like the looks of the TeraFlex 2.5 kit you are running. I've considered going that way, and I would prefer a coil solution to spacers. The reason I shy away is that as the lifts get larger (not that 2.5 is that high), it feels like important pieces are left out. 2.5 seems to be borderline for needing to address track bars and control arms. So then I start thinking (maybe overthinking) that if I am going to do it I should buy front Lower control arms, and front and rear adjustable track bars. That's why I asked Teraflex if the leveling kit would cause me to need these.

Anyway I'm still trying to decide what makes sense for me.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKommuter
I like the looks of the TeraFlex 2.5 kit you are running. I've considered going that way, and I would prefer a coil solution to spacers. The reason I shy away is that as the lifts get larger (not that 2.5 is that high), it feels like important pieces are left out. 2.5 seems to be borderline for needing to address track bars and control arms. So then I start thinking (maybe overthinking) that if I am going to do it I should buy front Lower control arms, and front and rear adjustable track bars. That's why I asked Teraflex if the leveling kit would cause me to need these.

Anyway I'm still trying to decide what makes sense for me.
nothing more than what comes with the kit is needed. I added a trac bar just cause the TF Forged trac bar is freaky looking

Quick Reply: Teraflex Leveling lift