Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex leveling kit issue

Old 10-04-2016, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex leveling kit issue

So installed the 2" front 1" puck lift on my mom's 14' Rubicon. Also had the different swaybar links.She has 33s and 17x9 xd addicts. 4.5" BS

I never drove it until today and holy body roll Batman!
What's the deal? I'm guessing it's the castor from going up, but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal with only two inches. Any recommendations..... control arm brackets?

I'd think a company like Teraflex would supply everything needed for a simple level lift.

My 3.5" xfactor on my Rubicon is like a Ferrari compared to this.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
So installed the 2" front 1" puck lift on my mom's 14' Rubicon. Also had the different swaybar links.She has 33s and 17x9 xd addicts. 4.5" BS

What's the deal? I'm guessing it's the castor from going up, but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal with only two inches. Any recommendations..... control arm brackets?

I'd think a company like Teraflex would supply everything needed for a simple level lift.

My 3.5" xfactor on my Rubicon is like a Ferrari compared to this.
I'm curious about this too... i'm going to be installing a 2 - 2.5" lift here soon. But i wouldn't think the castor would be affected that much, maybe a degree or 2. Maybe you just need an alignment.

Last edited by YukonBlu; 10-04-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Shocks? When I had the TF kit on mine I noticed the body roll. Bilstein 5100s helped. I didn't notice much in the way of flightiness from castor at that height. Really we're talking 1.75 net. I eventually did put on longer arms, but that was part of the next stage build not because I felt the castor was off because of the level kit. The body roll was obtrusive and the shocks did fix it for me.

Last edited by casamtb; 10-04-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Body roll is the issue? Or flighty steering? Or something else? You need to explain the problem better to try and narrow down the 'fix'.

Before throwing parts at it, toss it on a alignment rack and see where the caster and toe are at now. Some shops won't even charge just to print the before specs.

Lots of people like the ca brackets, no reason they wouldn't work just fine on your moms jeep. Assuming that is the issue. TF makes both fixed and adj ca's that would do the job also.

If it's body roll, maybe look at a rear raised trackbar bracket?
Old 10-05-2016, 01:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Body roll is the issue? Or flighty steering? Or something else? You need to explain the problem better to try and narrow down the 'fix'.

Before throwing parts at it, toss it on a alignment rack and see where the caster and toe are at now. Some shops won't even charge just to print the before specs.

Lots of people like the ca brackets, no reason they wouldn't work just fine on your moms jeep. Assuming that is the issue. TF makes both fixed and adj ca's that would do the job also.

If it's body roll, maybe look at a rear raised trackbar bracket?
On these county roads the semi trucks pound down the asphalt. Driving at highway speed hitting these dips it feels like the jeep is going to tip over. Driving around corners it feels like I'm running on nearly flat tires. I actually pulled over because I thought she had a flat. I can also turn the steering wheel side to side while driving and each corner just seems to flop down. Way worse then the stock suspension prior to level

Tires are new and has been on an alignment rack. Not sure on the number.

This isn't for a future build. I'm sure she won't go any farther than this. I tried for a full kit to start with. She likes the look and that's all.

Hope that explains it a little better.

Last edited by Jeeptang; 10-05-2016 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you already have the aftermarket wheels and tires or were they installed at the same time as your leveling kit?

Also did you install the kit or someone else?
Old 10-05-2016, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is odd to me you are having this problem. I have been running 18/59's with rubi shocks and the full TF leveling kit. Absolutely no problems at all.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Did you already have the aftermarket wheels and tires or were they installed at the same time as your leveling kit?

Also did you install the kit or someone else?
Already had the wheels/tires on previous.

I installed everything. Haven't got a chance to look the jeep over good,but it's not good to drive.also installed my xfactor on my JK and have zero issues. So I'm pretty confident it's right. Lol
Old 10-05-2016, 02:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is everything torqued to spec?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by catahoula
Is everything torqued to spec?
Wasn't much to torque. Bolts for sway bar links is it.
And shock bolts.
They are tight

Quick Reply: Teraflex leveling kit issue