Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Leveling kit installed.. question about new sway bar links

Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installing this kit this weekend. Thanks for the pics. Should really help with the install of the sway links.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JFDATLAW
Please post before and after pics of your Jeep with the leveling kit installed.
The before picture is the one with the top off. I got a full 2 inch lift in the front and 1+ inch in the rear. The ride is very good. A little stiffer (in a good way) over bumps, but not a huge difference from stock ride. Very happy with it so far. Performance Leveling Kit (coil lift), not the spacers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3749941942.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	206874   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3391629121.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	206875   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-217620206.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	206876  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

First pic - stock
Second pic - 1 inch puck spacer in front for rake
Third pic - 1.5" performance leveling kit (coils) with 1 inch puck spacer left in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01917.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	207778Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03163.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	207780Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03270.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	207781
Old 12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Installed yesterday.

After inspecting it, I have a question about the way the new front swar bar links are installed..

I didn't see the links prior to them being installed.. It looks like the ends are welded to the rods at a slight angle which would make them install only one way... Here is a pic of the drivers side which I think is installed correctly...

The pick-up point on the axle is out-board of the sway bar end, and it appears that the links are welded on an angle to conform to this..

However this the passenger side..

The pick-up point is out-board of the sway bar end as well, and it looks like the ends of the links are welded on a similar angle, but it also looks like the link is installed backward. It should be flipped 180 degrees.

I asked the installer and he said it is correct

He said it gets installed based on the how the hold in the bushing is positioned.

There's no binding or rubbing on surface roads, but I worry that anything more and they are going to bind...

Thoughts??
Does it matter if you use the new bolts on the bottom instead and old ones on the top? I installed my like the picture above, but jeepfan.com has installation write up and it says it should be the other way around.

Here is the quote from the write up... "Install the new sway bar links using the old bolts on the top and new bolts on the bottom. "

It kind of make sense because the old ones are longer and the top side is tad thicker.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was wondering the same thing myself after reading the install instructions on jeepfan.com. It does not say anything about it on the Teraflex instructions.

Cheers

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Leveling kit installed.. question about new sway bar links