Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Leveling Kit Install Question

Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Leveling Kit Install Question

I'm about to install a Teraflex 2 inch leveling kit in my 2013 JKU. I have been reading about and watching the installation of the teraflex 2" leveling kit and had a question. Is it better to do one at a time (only doing left front, then put back together, then do the right front etc) or just unbolt both front sway bar links, both shocks, both brake line brackets and do both springs at once? I watched a video where a guy did one at a time and it only took him 3 minutes once all the bolts where loosened. It seems like it would be safer and mechanically easier to do one at a time. Just thought I'd ask some people who have installed their own, before I mess mine up. It seems pretty easy, but like most things an easy 3 hour job turns into an all day afair when my Jeep is involved. LOL
Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the jeep on jack stands, then use a floor jack to support/ lower the whole axle at one time. I mean you could do one at a time but don't think it would save you any time.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also did both on an axle at the same time.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep x2 on that disconnect everything up front then do one side of the time
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

same, just using a floor jack and/or maybe some wooden splints to keep things in place if needed should work just fine.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took me 3 hours. I also did both sides at same time as well. Don't forget to re-torque everything. I used Project-JK TF BB write up for reference.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Do both sides at the same time. That you can drop the axle down, do both side, then put it all back together.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I did mine one corner at a time with the tires still on the rig. just unbolt sway bars, shocks and brake line mounts, jack one corner until the spring comes loose, then repeat other corners. I could probably install one now in under 2 hrs now that I did one.

I did it myself.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got the leveling kit in. My recommendations:

1. Get spring compressors. Someone said you can do it without them, but I don't see how.
2. Get a floor jack that goes higher than 20". Mine went up to 18".
3. Make sure to tighten the track bar and control arms afterwards. Got lazy and didn't, the next day it was loose and squishy.
4. There isn't a place to index the back springs like there is on the front, but put them on where the end of the spring is towards the back on the axle side. I put one on this way by accident and it worked great. The other I put towards the front and it bulged the spring a little. Called Teraflex and he said their techs index it towards the back for that reason. It only took me 30 minutes to take it all apart and twist the spring around.

I did the whole thing in about 4 hours by myself. I can take a corner apart pretty fast now after having lots of practise on monday.

I also did the Rough Country stubby bumper mod. That took a whole 20 minutes. Pictures to come.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Leveling Kit Install Question