Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex leveling kit install with 35's now going to the 2.5 kit

Old 01-14-2014, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex leveling kit install with 35's now going to the 2.5 kit

I ordered the leveling kit from teraflex that comes with 2" spacers in the front with exted sway bar link and a 1" spacer and put it on about a month ago and just now had the chance to get out and do some trail riding. Im also running a 285 75 17 which comes out to right at 34" high and 11.5 wide. Thought the jeep did great till I came do a section of the trail that was washed out and off camber. The sound rubbin plastic was so bad I thought it was gonna tear off a fender. So I went home and did some research and the kit said it could clear up to a 35" tire. So ticked off me gets ahold of teraflex and speaks to management and surprisingly they said they would send me the the kit I would need which is the 2.5 bb instead of the leveling kit. The main difference is the 2.5 kit comes with bump stops and instead of a 1" spacer you get I think at 2" spacer in the rear. To my surprise they said they would buy back the lift I had already installed and ran for two months if I would pay the difference from the new lift (disscounted of course). So come next week ill spend a good solid day in the garage redoing this. The thing thats irratating the most is the site said it would clear my tire size and now have to go through alot of trouble and money aligning again. But I am glad the company diddnt just say tuff shit and tell me to go pack sand, lol. so hats off to teraflex. Have a look at the pic and see what you think about the gaps. Its with the leveling kit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	muddy.jpg
Views:	1293
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	523627
Old 01-14-2014, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

so you are mad because 35's rub without flat fenders or trimming on a leveling kit?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Clearing" means you can drive with that size tire. Flexing and articulation is a different story.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Wow. There's enough post on the 1.5" teraflex on this site to let you know exactly what that kit can and can't do. It's no way teraflex fault that you didn't do your homework before buying something. Man this shit piss me off.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what it says right on there site. Actually says bumpstops are recommended for off-roading with bigger than 33s. A lot of people forget about the responsibility of the consumer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2884916287.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	523640  
Old 01-14-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am glad it worked out for you though.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:18 AM
JK Newbie

Dang fellas dont jump to bein so deffensive so quick. They changed the article on there site as I called them about the issue. Its only read that way for 1 day. When I was on the phone with them they read it with me and I screen shoted it and printed it incase they tried to do this. I wasnt mad at all because I did do my home work and called teraflex before I ordered and they said I should have no problem running 34'' tires with the leveing kit "as long as I dont disconnect". Im sorry "this shit piss you off" but thanks for being so persuasive for my thoughts as a newer member for further posts.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Could you run wheel spacers as well? Love to see shots of the new lift when you get it installed. I have the TF leveling kit with 18/59 springs and plan on down the road to run 35's. There are both write ups for TF BB and alignment on Project-JK that can help you...especially if you want to save some $$$ on alignment.

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler 2.5″ Budget Boost Installation Write-Up

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Torque settings

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Torque Settings

Hope this helps you you.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:23 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you very much for the links. I called a buddy yesterday that manages a tire shop he said hell hook me up on the alignment I could run wheel spacers but im not sure if I need to. The new one should be here monday and plan on takin the day to swap them out. Ill get a couple shots and throw em up of the difference if you like.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Duncan
Thank you very much for the links. I called a buddy yesterday that manages a tire shop he said hell hook me up on the alignment I could run wheel spacers but im not sure if I need to. The new one should be here monday and plan on takin the day to swap them out. Ill get a couple shots and throw em up of the difference if you like.
Love to see them. Here is how mine sits at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131229_074802.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	523803Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131010_203758.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	523804

With wheel spacers and 255's.

Quick Reply: teraflex leveling kit install with 35's now going to the 2.5 kit