Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex LCOG long arm kit with Shrockworks Sliders????

Old 04-07-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex LCOG long arm kit with Shrockworks Sliders????

Does anyone have a JKU with a Teraflex Long Arm kit on it and Shrockworks rock sliders?
I just got my sliders and the rear slider mount and the lower rear control arm mount need to mount to the same place on the frame. The problem is one or the other or both need to be heavily modified to work together. I am hoping to hear and see what others have done before I go cutting either of hem up.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a full traction long arm kit that I run with the scockworks sliders. I cut the rear mount off of the slider and welded it back on to clear the long arm mount.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I may do something similar. I may just cut off part of the rear slider mount and weld the slider directly onto the frame.

I just hate to have to cut up the slider since it is so nicely powder coated.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

I looked at just welding the sliders directly onto the frame as well, but when I took a look I decided to leave them as bolt on. It was easier for me to service the suspension bushings by removing the brackets than it was to remove just the control arms themselves. To remove the brackets I need to remove the sliders, so the sliders stay as bolt on.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Default Shrockworks Sliders Modification

Originally Posted by KenB1010
I have a full traction long arm kit that I run with the scockworks sliders. I cut the rear mount off of the slider and welded it back on to clear the long arm mount.
Ken do you have any pictures showing where you moved the bolt positions to on the frame. I also like the idea that you've kept them "bolt on" as I've had mine off a couple of times now to allow for easier access on other modifications - also made it easier to touch up all the rock rash they've suffered. Thanks.

Anyone else modify their Shrockworks sliders / rock rails to accommodate a long arm kit?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the approach that I would take. Adjusting the position of the frame mount on the sliders is not likely to cause any big problems. Modifying long arm frame mounts...probably not a wise course unless you know exactly what you're doing.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Ken do you have any pictures showing where you moved the bolt positions to on the frame. I also like the idea that you've kept them "bolt on" as I've had mine off a couple of times now to allow for easier access on other modifications - also made it easier to touch up all the rock rash they've suffered. Thanks.

Anyone else modify their Shrockworks sliders / rock rails to accommodate a long arm kit?
I hope these help.

I moved the right rear mount forward about 4" to clear the long arm mount. I used the threaded hole that the fuel tank skid used to bolt to. You can still see the holes in the frame (above the long arm mount) from where the sliders originally mounted.

Here is the welded slider bracket, you can still see the grinder marks on the slider from when I cut the bracket from it's original location.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Default Slider Pics

I hope these help.
Yes, very much. Thanks a lot Ken!!

Quick Reply: Teraflex LCOG long arm kit with Shrockworks Sliders????