Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Knuckle Gussett Install

Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Knuckle Gussett Install

Anyone ever install these? I have a 2012 Sahara JKU, so Dana 30 up. Just put 35s on and got some gussets to install.

Only thing is I'm can't do this myself. Shop quoted me 6-8 hrs of labor. Price is outrageous, $500-700. Teraflex instructions do show it's a lot to do, basically stripping down both ends of the axle, but wasn't expecting a $35 set of gussets to cost that much to install.

I can't find anywhere else in Omaha that can/will do it. Guess I just eat that cost?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Not sure if you're doing upper and lower; I did TF uppers gussets only. A local shop charged me $115 for both sides. Shop around for someone that will do it for less $700 they are definitely needed.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good god no, those will only take a couple hours. You could buy a welding machine for that. Are there no votec schools in your area? They have students that could weld them on. Hell, you could even look at high schools that teach welding and maybe the instructor could weld them on while students watched/helped.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had them installed together with axle sleeves and other stuff so the cost disappeared in total. But I recommend and they do their job. I'm not especially gentle for my JK and nothing happened yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Might be the right time to replace ball joints, or add gussetts if replacing ball joints. Installed them on my 44 axles, instructions say to take it all apart, but my welding guru and I were able to weld them in without the tear down. Did about an inch at a time on alternating sides. Ball joints never got hot, was able to hold a hand on them and the top of the knuckle throughout the whole process, took about an hour or so of slow progress but was doing other things while the welds cooled down.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

I just got back from the shop getting my C gussets installed.

I pulled in at 9 am, and it rolled off the lift a little before 11 am.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. It's the uppers only. Great idea with checking into some schools. I've struck out everywhere I've looked so far except that one shop.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a rip off to me I got my front 44 sleeved, gussetted and RCV's installed for $1,500 (parts and labor)

Quick Reply: Teraflex Knuckle Gussett Install