Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex install help..

Old 03-29-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex install help..

Just put on the TeraFlex 2.5 BB, and took it for a little spin and heard a squealing noise.. The rear swaybar on the driver side is rubbing the rim ..

I was thinking you didn't need an adjustable rear track bar for a BB lift? Anyone have any suggestions of what could be possibly wrong?

I am guessing the rear axle shifted to the right and now makes it rub against the stock rim.. What can I do short of buying an adjustable track bar?

Here is the images left and right.....

Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear sway bar links are to be mounted on the INSIDE of the sway bar, NOT in the stock location on the outside.

You can kind of see my sway bar link in this pic. Mounted on the INSIDE of the swaybar.

Last edited by zerodown; 03-29-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exactly. Mount them to the inside and you should be fine. Just installed my kit last week and have no rubbing issues at all with the rear sway bar links
Old 03-29-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Mine are also on the inside. I also think the trackbar relocation bracket helps with this. It looked like you don't have the trackbar relocation bracket installed.

Check this thread for info on the relocation bracket.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/tf-bb2-5-trackbar-bracket-33838/
Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default sweet.....

You guys are awesome... I was thinking about that when I installed them it looked close.. Would I install both sets on the inside? Or should I install just the side that is rubbing on the inside?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by airric00
You guys are awesome... I was thinking about that when I installed them it looked close.. Would I install both sets on the inside? Or should I install just the side that is rubbing on the inside?
Both of mine are on the inside. I would do both on the inside just so they are the same on both ends. Don't know if it's necessary or not though.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by johnrobv
Both of mine are on the inside. I would do both on the inside just so they are the same on both ends. Don't know if it's necessary or not though.
Okay I went and moved them to the inside... It sure is close to the frame and I was thinking if you really jammed one side up when wheeling it will come awful close to the brake line... I think all in all this is a great lift, however I think I am going to do an adjustable rear track bar to help recenter the axle. It just doesn't seem right to have a 33K Jeep and not have it done right.. Just my afterthoughts.. All right now for a test drive and some pics...

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions...
Old 03-30-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by johnrobv
Mine are also on the inside. I also think the trackbar relocation bracket helps with this. It looked like you don't have the trackbar relocation bracket installed.

Check this thread for info on the relocation bracket.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33838

I just read your post again and thought I would comment back. Yeah I ordered my BB from Northridge and it didn't come with a trackbar relocation bracket. I have read about these bracket things that were installed and the stress breaking the welds.. I am hesitant on adding this... Does anyone know if adding an adjustable bar has broken the welds? The bracket seems like it just lowers the bar putting a different angle of stress on the welds... I am guessing the adjustable mounts stock location and doesn't have the angle....

Last edited by airric00; 03-30-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

The TF bracket requires an additional bolt (you must drill the hole) and this provides the extra support required to help prevent it from breaking the bracket. T

I just read your post again and thought I would comment back. Yeah I ordered my BB from Northridge and it didn't come with a trackbar relocation bracket. I have read about these bracket things that were installed and the stress breaking the welds.. I am hesitant on adding this... Does anyone know if adding an adjustable bar has broken the welds? The bracket seems like it just lowers the bar putting a different angle of stress on the welds... I am guessing the adjustable mounts stock location and doesn't have the angle....
Old 03-30-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

The TF trackbar relocation bracket mounts on the frame and not on the axle. I have only heard of ones breaking when the trackbar brackets are mounted on the axle, NOT ones that are mounted on the frame. My lift (ordered from quadratec) came with the bracket and correct bolts so I just put it on. The axle on mine looks centered to me and the relocation bracket is solid.

$30 vs $200. Your ride and your money, so you get to decide.

Quick Reply: Teraflex install help..