Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex hinge rattle

Old 06-17-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I would suggest that you get your tailgate repaired first. Now using a TeraFlex Adjustabe Mount will allow you to pull the spare closer to the tailgate. Which will lessen the amount of leverage that is on it when compared to the stock unit.
I figured that would be the case, thanks. I was really hoping I could just use my stock tire mount but oh well
Old 06-17-2015, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I started to pop welds on mine and the teraflex hinge solved everything. As long as the tire is snug to the hinge, there's absolutely no way the tire carrier or tailgate should make a peep
Old 06-17-2015, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by renzo1200
I started to pop welds on mine and the teraflex hinge solved everything. As long as the tire is snug to the hinge, there's absolutely no way the tire carrier or tailgate should make a peep
Gotcha, I'm gonna get the tire mount and that should solve it.

Quick Reply: Teraflex hinge rattle