Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex HD BB

Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex HD BB

Hey there,

I've searched, posted and even PM'd with no results on this so here we go. Will I need any additional mods with the 3" HD springs from Tera. Specifically I'm wondering about the front driveshaft, control arms, (for castor compensation)extended brake lines?

I have a 2.5 BB in the garage and a winch and Mopar bumber installed. 3" springs are on order. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

bump
Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

It SOUNDS like you want to know if you can install the 2.5" Coil spacers from the BB, AND THEN ADD 3" HD Coil Springs?

If so - that would give you about 2.5" + 3" = 5.5" of lift...so, you would need EVERYTHING you'd need to do a 5.5" lift on a dr JK....new shafts, arms, longer brake lines, etc...the whole 9 yards.

Is that the plan?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

bump I wanna hear this answer too
Old 02-07-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TEEJ
It SOUNDS like you want to know if you can install the 2.5" Coil spacers from the BB, AND THEN ADD 3" HD Coil Springs?

If so - that would give you about 2.5" + 3" = 5.5" of lift...so, you would need EVERYTHING you'd need to do a 5.5" lift on a dr JK....new shafts, arms, longer brake lines, etc...the whole 9 yards.

Is that the plan?
I read his earlier posts about these springs and Im pretty sure he is replacing the front 2.5 spacers with the 3" hd springs.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Correct.

There's no way I would stack the two. Not mention I'd have a 5.5" lift up front and a 2.5"' lift out back LOL
Old 02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

i think youd be ok with just 3" springs in front, but i havenot driven with it...the 2.5" does not affect things too much so the extra half i nch, especially with that weight up there will be good

my front springs are saggin pretty bad with the winch and bumper combo.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

So, telling me he had the 2.5" TF BB in the garage, and springs on order, was a red herring?

OK

If he just asked if adding 3" HD springs would require mods...it would have been less confusing.

-------------------------

Its like " I have this girl freind, she hates to fly....should I drive to florida?"

Without mentioning that the GF wasn't going anyway.

Anywhoooo

If you do a 3" lift with the coils....you'd be doing what ever you have to do for a 3" lift....that 1/2" is the cut point for trying to get away with stuff, and keeping it cheap.

Some people, if their jeep was like that...wanted adjustable track bars, and a bunch of other stuff, just for the 2.5" BB...now you're going 3"....so, do a 3" Lift.

Last edited by TEEJ; 02-07-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

I have the TF 2.5" BB, and replaced the front spacers with 3" springs. This just helps level it out. Some people add a 1" spacer up front to accomplish this. I don't like stacking spacers. Working fine without control arms.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

It all depends on how well you want your JK to drive. If you're picky (like me), you want an improvement in ride and handling over stock. Some are okay with compromising ride and handling in exchange for larger tires, increased clearance, and a better stance. If you're the latter, you should be fine with 3" springs and nothing else. If you're like me, you want your axles centered, you're steering in line, and your ride improved. All depends on your taste and your bank account (and of course an understanding wife)

Quick Reply: Teraflex HD BB