Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex FullFlex vs Old Man Emu

Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ome

I have the ome hd lift which will give you closer to a 3" or so lift... it looks great and the ride still feels stock... if you decide to go with upgrades you won't have to worry about it for a long time because they aren't really needed right off... plus i have this kit on 32" tires but plan on making my way up to 33" and the lift itself works great going through trails.

-Adam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	138.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	32470  
Old 11-06-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Seriously, lots of wisdom happening in this thread. Too much to quote - just reread the posts.

I've gone through the progression of OME originally planning on 33's but (thankfully) going straight to 35's. Now drooling over 37s.

If you're thinking OME, definitely take a look at building up the OME LT package from Northridge. You'll be able to wheel 33s or 35s and on road will be solid.

Personally if you go OME, I'd recommend doing it up right and doing it once. That way when you're infected with this sickness you'll have everything setup.

TF is another popular option on here & backs up their product. As noted, checking out the 2.5" coil or 3" TF w/ flex arms might be more comparable.

Keep asking good questions!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Is that really yours? Man, that's a nice rig.
Thanks, yeah it has been a work in progress for about 2 years. I am glad I started slow as now just about all the work I have done and every part is the one I want not just the one I could afford at the time or thought I wanted.

It is almost as fun building the jeep as offroading it!

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
Seriously, lots of wisdom happening in this thread. Too much to quote - just reread the posts.

I've gone through the progression of OME originally planning on 33's but (thankfully) going straight to 35's. Now drooling over 37s.

If you're thinking OME, definitely take a look at building up the OME LT package from Northridge. You'll be able to wheel 33s or 35s and on road will be solid.

Personally if you go OME, I'd recommend doing it up right and doing it once. That way when you're infected with this sickness you'll have everything setup.

TF is another popular option on here & backs up their product. As noted, checking out the 2.5" coil or 3" TF w/ flex arms might be more comparable.

Keep asking good questions!
Good words bro!!

To the original poster - FYI If you get the OME 2.5 HD that is for a 4DR and put it on a 2DR, you get about 4 inches of lift!!!

The TF 2.5 COIL lift is a great lift too!

Last edited by iadventure; 11-06-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by iadventure
Thanks, yeah it has been a work in progress for about 2 years. I am glad I started slow as now just about all the work I have done and every part is the one I want not just the one I could afford at the time or thought I wanted.

It is almost as fun building the jeep as offroading it!
Well, you've done a great job on it. I only hope mine turns out as nice the closer to "finished" I get to it. LOL
Old 11-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have any questions, please give me a call. Joe
Old 11-06-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

As everyone says... it really depends on what YOU want your Jeep to do and what you want it to look like. I went with the OME HD for my 2 dr with 33's. Rides nice on and off road. In my humble opinion, the unlimited looks better with 35's and the 2 dr looks sharp with 33's.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Default do it right the 1st time

if i had to do all over again i would have picked up the teraflex 4" complete kit.

teraflex is modest in their lift measurements too - it's really anywhere between 5 and 6 inches lift, depending on what you have on your jeep, and if you're wheeling a' 2 or 4 door.

check out pics of my teraflex lift i just completed this week. (teraflex 4" versus procomps "4" inch lift). i went "cheap" the 1st time and now spent the cost of a full teraflex lift on labor/alignments and additional costs buying components individually trying to "get it right".

save up and get a complete kit from one manufacturer - that way you have a single point of contact if problems occur.

i can attest for teraflex customer service - great folks to work with, plus great documentation and install advice.

good luck!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
if i had to do all over again i would have picked up the teraflex 4" complete kit.

teraflex is modest in their lift measurements too - it's really anywhere between 5 and 6 inches lift, depending on what you have on your jeep, and if you're wheeling a' 2 or 4 door.

check out pics of my teraflex lift i just completed this week. (teraflex 4" versus procomps "4" inch lift). i went "cheap" the 1st time and now spent the cost of a full teraflex lift on labor/alignments and additional costs buying components individually trying to "get it right".

save up and get a complete kit from one manufacturer - that way you have a single point of contact if problems occur.

i can attest for teraflex customer service - great folks to work with, plus great documentation and install advice.

good luck!
I agree customer service at Teraflex has been GREAT!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

For you guys that did teraflex full flex 4 inch lift, did you also uprade your drive shaft (at least the front one)?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 4" LA by Tera Flex and have stock drive shafts. 2000K miles and a weekend in MOAB, no problems...yet. As budget allows I plan on upgrading drive shafts but the stock has been fine on my Unlimited. My understanding is on the 2 door, new drive shafts are a must.

Quick Reply: Teraflex FullFlex vs Old Man Emu