Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex or Full Traction 3" to 3.5" lift

Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex or Full Traction 3" to 3.5" lift

Just got back from Moab after running five trails. toughest were poison spider, gold bar rim, and green day. I have 2 " coil lift and 35's . Hit my rear control arm and slight hang up on my rock rails. So decided I need about an 1" to 1.5" lift. I have 4 door and already upgraded front drive shaft to 1310 HD w/double cardon. So any recommendations???? I've heard both are good. I want short arm bolt ons.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RanchoRubi
Just got back from Moab after running five trails. toughest were poison spider, gold bar rim, and green day. I have 2 " coil lift and 35's . Hit my rear control arm and slight hang up on my rock rails. So decided I need about an 1" to 1.5" lift. I have 4 door and already upgraded front drive shaft to 1310 HD w/double cardon. So any recommendations???? I've heard both are good. I want short arm bolt ons.
Thanks
Truthfully I know that people have preferences over one brand or the other, but both are very reputable so I would say do whatever one is the most complete.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. However, I don't believe a taller lift will give you any of the additional clearance that you seek unless you put larger tires under it. The point of a lift is to be able to put on bigger tires which in turn get you farther off the ground. As for your initial question, I think both lifts are rated well and you probably can't go wrong with either. I was torn between the two when I was looking and ended up with TF mainly because of their wider following and presence on this forum. I have contacted their customer service a couple times with random questions and they have been more than helpful. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDJKER
someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. However, I don't believe a taller lift will give you any of the additional clearance that you seek unless you put larger tires under it. The point of a lift is to be able to put on bigger tires which in turn get you farther off the ground. As for your initial question, I think both lifts are rated well and you probably can't go wrong with either. I was torn between the two when I was looking and ended up with TF mainly because of their wider following and presence on this forum. I have contacted their customer service a couple times with random questions and they have been more than helpful. Good luck.
I will correct you. A suspension lift gives you both belly clearance and better approach angles and departure angles. It also gives u better articulation which keeps ur wheels on ground giving u better traction. What bigger tires will do is do all the above as far as clearance and get ur diffs and axles higher. So a jeep with a 4 inch lift and 33s will outperform a stock jeep on 33s.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the Full-Traction 4" Long Arm. Really like it! FT makes a great short arm kit that comes with everything you need. With a 3" or 4" lift, you're 35" tires should be fine.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

I had the FT short arm and now run their long arm. Both have performed very well.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
I had the FT short arm and now run their long arm. Both have performed very well.
Why did you change to to the long arm? More lift? Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
I will correct you. A suspension lift gives you both belly clearance and better approach angles and departure angles. It also gives u better articulation which keeps ur wheels on ground giving u better traction. What bigger tires will do is do all the above as far as clearance and get ur diffs and axles higher. So a jeep with a 4 inch lift and 33s will outperform a stock jeep on 33s.

That's what I'm after. My axles. diff, etc all been fine with the 35s I'm running.
I'm slightly scraping on control arm mounts on frame.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't think adding anymore suspension is going to get your frame further off the ground. increasing your suspension will allow you to run larger tires.

hence, why you see some of the extreme guys like planman and nthinuf running minimum lift with large tires.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
i don't think adding anymore suspension is going to get your frame further off the ground. increasing your suspension will allow you to run larger tires.

hence, why you see some of the extreme guys like planman and nthinuf running minimum lift with large tires.
A suspension lift will get the frame higher off the ground. The springs will lift the frame/chasis from the axles and in turn, the ground. The reason people go with minumum lift and large tires is for a lower COG.

Quick Reply: Teraflex or Full Traction 3" to 3.5" lift