Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Front control arms and bushings

Old 09-28-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TeraFlex Front control arms and bushings

I am planning on purchasing new upper and lower front CAs from TeraFlex and also will be replacing my bushings on the axle side for the uppers. I already have an order in for polyurethane type bushings . But they are on backorder. So I was wondering should I go forward with these or just replace them with OEM bushings?

Last edited by mkjeep; 09-28-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hneiper
I am planning on purchasing new upper and lower front CAs from TeraFlex and also will be replacing my bushings on the axle side for the uppers. I already have an order in for polyurethane type bushings . But they are on backorder. So I was wondering should I go forward with these or just replace them with OEM bushings?
I would leave what comes with the teraflex arms. Why replace something thats new? The poly will make a ton of noise....

Last edited by mkjeep; 09-28-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
I would leave what comes with the teraflex arms. Why replace something thats new? The poly will make a ton of noise....
Well, its my understanding that on the uppers the bushings on the axle side are in the mount and the arm just has a forked end that goes over that. So unless TF sends bushings for that then i need to replace them. And of course on the frame side I would just use what comes with the arms

If I'm incorrect I do want to know so that I don't buy anything unnecessarily. Thanks.

Last edited by hneiper; 09-28-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hneiper

Well, its my understanding that on the uppers the bushings on the axle side are in the mount and the arm just has a forked end that goes over that. So unless TF sends bushings for that then i need to replace them. And of course on the frame side I would just use what comes with the arms

If I'm incorrect I do want to know so that I don't buy anything unnecessarily. Thanks.
Misread your first post. The stock clevite will last a decent amount of time on the front axle mount. You don't need to replace them.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for your help! Hopefully I can cancel that order so I can apply that towards my new TF CAs

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Front control arms and bushings