Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Front control arm lenghts??

Old 02-26-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Front control arm lenghts??

When installing both upper and lower FRONT control arms, TF instructions say 19-1/2" on uppers and 23-7/8" on lower Drv and 24-1/8" on Lower Passenger. I've also read that some are using 23" on lowers, but I think this is when they use stock length uppers??? With the TF numbers the axle is quite far forward - sway bar link just touches the coil spring. What are you starting with??? I understand about setting caster after, no problem, more just looking for axle placement - closer to 24" lowers or closer to 23" lowers...????
Old 02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out this link...I used this info when I did mine it it worked great

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...stall-concerns
Old 02-26-2011, 12:35 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the teraflex numbers are way off and way too long. follow the link posted and you should be good to go.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
the teraflex numbers are way off and way too long. follow the link posted and you should be good to go.
SO I should start with 23 on the lowers and what on the uppers? same as stock - 18-3/4"?? This is a 3" TF kit.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 6v123
SO I should start with 23 on the lowers and what on the uppers? same as stock - 18-3/4"?? This is a 3" TF kit.
yes, i would go with 23" center to center on the mounting holes. you can probably leave the uppers same as stock to start off with - that will give you about 6° of positive caster. depending on how much lift you have and what gears you're running, you can adjust the uppers longer to decrease your caster and that will help prevent vibrations if you have em.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

I'll start again tomorrow as recommended by WOL. You'd think that TF would get the numbers closer on the instructions... oh well, perhaps those number work for some set-ups....

Quick Reply: Teraflex Front control arm lenghts??