Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex with Fox Shocks??

Old 10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teraflex with Fox Shocks??

All-

I'm completely new to all this and searched for this particular issue and came up empty. Apologies if covered.

I'm trying to figure out all the suspension components, what they are, what they do, whats necessary, what one mod affects has on the other componets, etc.

Question is, does anyone have any experience and/or opinions combining the Fox Jeep JK OEM Replacement Shocks with the 4" Teraflex suspension? I'm just not sure how the measurement of all this works. According to the information of the shocks, they work with 3-4.5" in suspension. From my understanding, the Teraflex actual lift is 5+" according to a post.

Thanks.

-Jason

Last edited by liquidrock; 10-01-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Teraflex 3" (I know your looking at the 4") with Fox Res. shocks all the way around, including the steering dampner....

this set up is great, I love it. It works perfect for me.

Not soft not hard, absorbs the bumps....

and I cant say enough good things about Teraflex.

If you have andy questions just call JOE at Teraflex, he will take care of you...
Old 10-01-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

I havent done it, nor do I know anybody that has... But, if the shocks work with 3-6" lift, then it should be good with the 4". Now, if they can work with up to a 6" lift, then they are longer than you will use. Therefore, your down travel will be longer at full droop and you could experience your rear springs falling out often. You can put on limiting straps for that, or custom fab an upper bucket, or install some bump stops inside the coil (although I dont suggest this). Good luck, and I am sure it will be a high quality setup.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SGT. EVIL
I have the Teraflex 3" (I know your looking at the 4") with Fox Res. shocks all the way around, including the steering dampner....

this set up is great, I love it. It works perfect for me.

and I cant say enough good things about Teraflex.

If you have any questions just call JOE at Teraflex, he will take care of you...
Thanks! Ya know, I'm not fixed on a 4" and it appears you are running 35's which I am fixed on. Your jeep has a great looking stance which is what I'm looking for. Do you have a part number for the Fox shocks or are they the same OEM replacements mentioned in the post?

Much appreciated. Git 'er done!!!

Quick Reply: Teraflex with Fox Shocks??