Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Exhaust Spacer Kit

Old 07-11-2014, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Exhaust Spacer Kit

Hello All,
Quick question, I'm one click away from ordering the TeraFlex 3" lift (1156302) as well as track bars and Fox Shocks for my 2 door 2014 JK (sport). I have asked the locals about the need for the exhaust spacers (2610000), some say that only the JKU require them… some say that the 2-door needs them too… Can someone please clarify this for me.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiplash
Hello All,
Quick question, I'm one click away from ordering the TeraFlex 3" lift (1156302) as well as track bars and Fox Shocks for my 2 door 2014 JK (sport). I have asked the locals about the need for the exhaust spacers (2610000), some say that only the JKU require them… some say that the 2-door needs them too… Can someone please clarify this for me.
I have a 2.5 RK X factor and that thing can flex. My driveshaft has mad contact with the exhaust at full flex. I can tell because there is some tears in the boot. I bought the exhaust spacer and honestly its a temp fix. I would much rather prefer the exhaust loop delete kit. If your exhaust is rusted be prepared to be hitting it with a hammer to get it pushed back
Old 07-11-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you mhockey, That's what I was looking for… real world experience, Not from the mall crawlers. I'm searching for info on the "exhaust loop delete kit". Thanks man
Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Thank you mhockey, That's what I was looking for… real world experience, Not from the mall crawlers. I'm searching for info on the "exhaust loop delete kit". Thanks man
Yeah i wouldnt really recommend it honestly (exhaust spacer). I believe there are numerous ways to have the driveshaft not make contact with the exhaust but im not too familiar with them all.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

I can't see how the loop delete will help with anything. It will not change the position of the the cross tube in the exhaust, will it? I used the spacers for a very shot time. Once I put them in I couldn't put my evo skid back on cause the crossover pipe was too low. Took them out and ordered front driveshaft. Plenty of room for flex with new shaft. I found Tattons driveshaft on eBay and called him directly for a good deal.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JVL79
I can't see how the loop delete will help with anything. It will not change the position of the the cross tube in the exhaust, will it? I used the spacers for a very shot time. Once I put them in I couldn't put my evo skid back on cause the crossover pipe was too low. Took them out and ordered front driveshaft. Plenty of room for flex with new shaft. I found Tattons driveshaft on eBay and called him directly for a good deal.
Again i may be wrong but thought i was reading how the loop delete will change things so the driveshaft wont hit it anymore.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:18 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Another option.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's pretty cool! Does it need welded in place at the Y? Then clamped at the other part.

How much is that?
Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Clamps both ends.
Runs a bit more than spacers, and is a bit more work to install as well. About $50-60ISH depending on where you find it.

I have run one for over a year on some tough trials no dinging of the pipe either.

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
That's pretty cool! Does it need welded in place at the Y? Then clamped at the other part.

How much is that?
Old 07-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Hello All,
Yes you will need one with the longer Fox shocks. It doesn't matter if it's a 2dr or a 4dr either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2CQD68LHSg

Quick Reply: Teraflex Exhaust Spacer Kit