Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Drag Link Flip Kit/frame brace help

Old 02-26-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Drag Link Flip Kit/frame brace help

I was fighting death wobble after I installed a RC 3.5 in lift with 37in MTR's so I bought a Teraflex drag link flip kit and a adjustable monster trackbar and a Skyjacker Dual steering stabilizer. After I installed the dual steering stabilizer the death wobble went away but from my research on here a dual steering stabilizer only masks the true issue. The next weeken I had the teraflex drag link flip kit and monster track bar installled. Now the jeep feels all over the road and it feels like the axle is moving in a diff direction the frame is moving. When I had a friend turn the wheel while I looked at the steering components its looks like the frame is twisting when the wheel is turned. I thought the frame brace was supposed to prevent that. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can fix this issue?
Old 02-26-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

FLIP KIT/High steering... It should feal amazing right now i dont know what the issue is maybe if you post some pics ill look. I just installed my flip kit/ brace and had rc dual ss. Drives like a dream after months of woble.

Things to check:
Make sure the axle is aligned
check trac bar brackets(make sure track bar is not loose because the slightest loose bolt has sent me wobling around for days)
Make sure drag link was installed on the top of the nuckle (not the bottom like stock)
Maybe your toe in is off
your ball joints could also be a problem

Axle and frame displacment sounds like a track bar issue to me, then again i just took the step out of newbie world today. good luck
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default status

Originally Posted by Lazurus930
FLIP KIT/High steering... It should feal amazing right now i dont know what the issue is maybe if you post some pics ill look. I just installed my flip kit/ brace and had rc dual ss. Drives like a dream after months of woble.

Things to check:
Make sure the axle is aligned
check trac bar brackets(make sure track bar is not loose because the slightest loose bolt has sent me wobling around for days)
Make sure drag link was installed on the top of the nuckle (not the bottom like stock)
Maybe your toe in is off
your ball joints could also be a problem

Axle and frame displacment sounds like a track bar issue to me, then again i just took the step out of newbie world today. good luck
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but i'm having the same issue. Was there any resolution to this?

Quick Reply: Teraflex Drag Link Flip Kit/frame brace help