Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex drag link boot popping off

Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Teraflex drag link boot popping off

I have a 2008 JKU and I'm having problems with the boot on my Teraflex drag link. I removed the drag link to install a PSC System and ripped the boot in the process. Now I can't get that boot to stay on. Teraflex sent me a new boot and retaining springs but it still will not stay in place. At this point I'm ready to replace the drag link with a Steer Smarts drag link. Anyone else have this issue?

I only put grease and it popped off.
Old Today, 05:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,699 Posts

You might just be pumping too much grease in that. that boot isn't a reservoir to hold a ton of extra grease. if you pump too much in and create a lot of internal pressure, that pressure is going to be looking for an opportunity to escape. you really only need grease in the actual joint to lube it. try getting some of that grease out and the leaving it as is and see if it still wants to pop off.
Old Today, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Quick Reply: Teraflex drag link boot popping off