Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex bump stops

Old 01-17-2016, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex bump stops

Has anybody installed a set of rear teraflex speedbumps bump stops on their jk? Do they soften the bottoming out thump? The reason I'm asking is that my rear bump stops hit hard on occasion with my 3" teraflex lift with teraflex shocks. Some have suggested new shocks even though mine are only about little over 1 year old. So new reservoir shocks or bump stops. Help me fix this last problem, (until I break something)!
Old 01-17-2016, 08:36 AM
JK Junkie

Check the shocks #1 TF shocks quality is not there.
Has your ride height changed in the rear at all?
Do you need 3" stop ?
Old 01-17-2016, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Check the shocks #1 TF shocks quality is not there.
Has your ride height changed in the rear at all?
Do you need 3" stop ?
Ride height has not seemed to have changed over the past year and teraflex 3 " pads where added when lift was done by what I thought was a repeatable shop!, shocks dont have any signs of leeks, and rear does not bounce when I jump on bumper. Ride is perfect except for hard bottoming out on low dips on main roads at 60 mph in 45 speed zone and coming off a ledge or two at Moab . I could be wrong but it feels like it is on the passenger side, and the wife is NOT fat! But the gas tank is usually pretty full. Should I pull shock and compare it to stock rubicon shock? Are rubicon shocks any good if I add extensions to them?, sorry for the bunch of questions, but I hate to spend 400 to 1,000 buck if I don't have to.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:39 AM
JK Junkie

Maybe something else is hitting ?
Chalk the bumpstop pads. Go for a drive and see if the chalk transfers to the yellow bumper.
As far as the shocks, disco the lower bolt and see if you can compress the shock. A gas shock should not compress easily.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Maybe something else is hitting ?
Chalk the bumpstop pads. Go for a drive and see if the chalk transfers to the yellow bumper.
As far as the shocks, disco the lower bolt and see if you can compress the shock. A gas shock should not compress easily.
Since I am a simpleton, I'm surprised I didn't think of the simple chalk trick. Thanks, will try it later today

Quick Reply: Teraflex bump stops