Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Big Brakes Customer Service

Old 04-20-2016, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
You're safer here than on that other site.....
which one?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
which one?
Guess .... Only one chance
Old 04-21-2016, 01:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

There are sooooo many! ha ha. jko? wal?
Old 04-21-2016, 02:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zroe
I recently purchased the Teraflex slotted big brakes front and rear. I also included the master cylinder upgrade. I did the install myself. Including the bleeding, the job took me most of a full day. Unfortunately, right out of the gate I noticed a pulsing of the brake pedal, as I was doing the break in procedure. Afterwards, I noticed a wobble with the steering wheel with higher speed breaking. A quick trip to the internets, revealed a warped front rotor as the likely culprit. I emailed Teraflex, about the problem and ordered new front rotors and pads at the same time. I just finished installing the new front rotors and pads and all is good. I can't comment on performance yet, as I want to do a very slow and proper break in. However, the pulsing and wobbling is gone. Mark at Teraflex emailed me back and promised to reimburse me for the the replacements. I have no complaints for such excellent customer service.
Can you please let me know how big of an improvement you see? I'm thinking on doing some brake upgrade but I was looking at Baer big brakes they cost more but this might work just as good.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangmike1
Can you please let me know how big of an improvement you see? I'm thinking on doing some brake upgrade but I was looking at Baer big brakes they cost more but this might work just as good.
I just installed the plain rotor Teraflex big brake kit on my 2009 JK along with 37" Hummer Aluminum beadlocks. I noticed a very drastic difference. I can kick in the ABS very easily with the new brakes and extremely heavy tires. I will eventually upgrade the master cylinder because the pedal is softer than I like; but, braking is very good and I can easily get the ABS to engage even with the soft pedal.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default Terrible

Originally Posted by Zroe
I recently purchased the Teraflex slotted big brakes front and rear. I also included the master cylinder upgrade. I did the install myself. Including the bleeding, the job took me most of a full day.

Unfortunately, right out of the gate I noticed a pulsing of the brake pedal, as I was doing the break in procedure. Afterwards, I noticed a wobble with the steering wheel with higher speed breaking.

A quick trip to the internets, revealed a warped front rotor as the likely culprit. I emailed Teraflex, about the problem and ordered new front rotors and pads at the same time.

I just finished installing the new front rotors and pads and all is good. I can't comment on performance yet, as I want to do a very slow and proper break in. However, the pulsing and wobbling is gone.

Mark at Teraflex emailed me back and promised to reimburse me for the the replacements. I have no complaints for such excellent customer service.
2 sets of front rotors now. Both warped in short order. Take my advice DO NOT purchase these

Quick Reply: Teraflex Big Brakes Customer Service