Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Big Brake - Disappointment

Old 04-07-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Big Brake - Disappointment

I just got my Teraflex Big Brake kit all put on, and was about to put in the pads (second to last step) when I realized they sent the wrong brake pads. They are supposed to come with clips and all four with the blue pull off tape for the silencing pads. Mine has no clips and all and only 2 silencer pads. AARRGGH!@$!

Old 04-07-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i feel ya .nuthin sux worse than buying something only to discover missing pieces teraflex has great customer service although it wont help you right now . may be the clips and silencers are the same as the old ones have you checked or are there any at all on the stockers?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk
i feel ya .nuthin sux worse than buying something only to discover missing pieces teraflex has great customer service although it wont help you right now . may be the clips and silencers are the same as the old ones have you checked or are there any at all on the stockers?
No, I checked, they're different. Was thinking the same thing... I'll just leave it in the garage until I get the right ones. Good thing I got another car I can take to work!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StevieRay
I just got my Teraflex Big Brake kit all put on, and was about to put in the pads (second to last step) when I realized they sent the wrong brake pads. They are supposed to come with clips and all four with the blue pull off tape for the silencing pads. Mine has no clips and all and only 2 silencer pads. AARRGGH!@$!

Damn that would piss me off. Sorry but there is no sense in that. Might of Ben a restock item. I hate it when people ship without checking. Let us know if they resolve the issue.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Arcticshaun
Damn that would piss me off. Sorry but there is no sense in that. Might of Ben a restock item. I hate it when people ship without checking. Let us know if they resolve the issue.
I'm sure they will, everything I hear about them is they have good customer service. It's just a pain in the arse when it happens.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm sure they will, everything I hear about them is they have good customer service. It's just a pain in the arse when it happens.
I will check my kit and see I haven't installed it yet
Old 04-07-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

No, I checked, they're different. Was thinking the same thing... I'll just leave it in the garage until I get the right ones. Good thing I got another car I can take to work!
Here's my package that came with mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2751547233.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	301096   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-938332036.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	301097   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-973524497.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	301098  
Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269
Here's my package that came with mine
That's the right ones. It has those black clips (not black lips ) on each end that and all four have the paper backing that you're supposed to take off.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

That's the right ones. It has those black clips (not black lips ) on each end that and all four have the paper backing that you're supposed to take off.
Ok thanks, I'm not installing mine until next weekend, to bad you didn't live nearby I'd give ya mine for exchange

Last edited by snopro269; 04-08-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Big Brake - Disappointment