Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!

Old 08-21-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the dealership came through. installed adjustable upper ball joints, under warranty, aligned, drives straight as an arrow.

I bought the service manager and the mechanic beer

thank you all so much for you help, I'm sure you will all be releived to not see this thread keep popping up. Hopefully the extensive discussion will help others with there pulling, even though I still can't say what caused it.

thanks,
Mike
Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post your before/after alignment specs?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Can you post your before/after alignment specs?
Please post specs, and the part numbers for the adjustable ball joints. This is a great topic.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is a delaership to be highly spoken about and have them service this forums bussiness if they are in the neighborhood, my dealership is the same way. I did the lift, the upgraded trackbar from TF and I had a lousy pull and no matter what or who did the the wheel alignment I could not get it straight. The dealership replace the entire draglink even as mangled as Firestone fucked it up and broke my steering stabilizer along with it, and they claim it wasnt them and the lift did it. But any way the dealer replaced and sent it into their alignment shop and i am going down the road nice and straight !!!!!!!!! The hell with Firestone. bTheir tires suck and so does their shops not just one of them. To finish it all up it rained and I asked them to put the jep inside and if I didn't have the room I would come over and put the top up, they told me no worries it is inside. I get there and they never brought it in and the jeep was completely soaked, my paperwork, ear piece, glassses and not to mention I was in a suit when I went to go pick it up. I hate them !!!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll post up the numbers later. going to my daughters roller skating party
Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bikehudson
I'll post up the numbers later. going to my daughters roller skating party
Any numbers, what balljoints did they use?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Then what I suspect has happened is that the Jeep had a very slight drift the whole time and it probably went unnoticed. As you lifted it, that amplified the problem. My suggestion would be to get it on an alignment machine. If you've had it on one, how about providing the specs? Perhaps that would help in an online diagnosis. If you've not had it on an alignment machine, by all means you need to do that before going any farther.
definatly gota go on an alignment rack, there could be a problem out back even though there isn't much for adjusting out back you can still see how straight it is tracking.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update-

sorry for the delayed response, busy couple of weeks.

The jeep is still tracking great, no more pull.
The new alignment specs after the ball joints are not listed on the dealer receipt.

The ball joints are listed as ball joint knuck 170, part number 5014877-ac

they are listed as offset ball joints, but they must be fully adjustable as the part number for both sides is the same and I recall them saying that the right was off 4 degrees and the left one degree (camber).

I will crawl under and see if they are servicable.

Hopefuly this will help those of you with the same problem.

Again, thank you all so much for you help.

Quick Reply: Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!