Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you make any progress over the weekend...? Lookin' for an update...
Old 08-17-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys,
We recently bought a 2009 JK unlimited did the 4 inch lift from 4wdhardware.com and 33X12.50 tires. Now ours pulls to the left. Ran all the traps that you have talked about in this thread and still cannot find the problem. I added an adjustable front track bar and have both axles square under the Jeep. Still getting the pull to the left. Seems to be more of a drift than a pull, but is worse at highway speeds, than at slower speeds. The problem doesn't seem to be in my brakes either, as the issue is not worse under braking.
If anybody figures this out, I'll be the first one to buy them an adult beverage of their choice!!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

I don't see how you can lift the Jeep by 2.5" or more and not have to recenter the steering wheel to some degree. The geometry of the front end components has been changed substantially. I would confirm that your steering wheel and axles are properly centered along with equal air pressure in all tires.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

We did recenter the steering wheel, and all the air pressure is within a pound or two of each other. We have done everything previously talked about in this thread. Still have the pull or drift to the left.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

well, I seem to have the coolest dealer ever. not only did they turn down my tpms for free, but they are putting in adjustable upper ball joints under warranty!!!!!!! They cant find whats causing my pull either, but say the the camber is off so they will install these factory adjustable ball joints to correct the problem. I specifically had them look at the axle c's and they say they aren't bent. The parts will go in on friday, I have high hopes that this will finally work. I told the service manager that I was buying him and the mechanics beer for taking such great care of me when they could have easily said " you must have messed it up with the lift, it's not covered".

I'll let everyone know if it works.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is great! I hope everything goes well on Friday. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bikehudson
well, I seem to have the coolest dealer ever. not only did they turn down my tpms for free, but they are putting in adjustable upper ball joints under warranty!!!!!!! They cant find whats causing my pull either, but say the the camber is off so they will install these factory adjustable ball joints to correct the problem. I specifically had them look at the axle c's and they say they aren't bent. The parts will go in on friday, I have high hopes that this will finally work. I told the service manager that I was buying him and the mechanics beer for taking such great care of me when they could have easily said " you must have messed it up with the lift, it's not covered".

Let us know what happens, its ironic, I recentered my axles last night, and now I have a right pull
Old 08-20-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanc
Let us know what happens, its ironic, I recentered my axles last night, and now I have a right pull
That sucks! it seams like this stuff is never ending sometimes.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

That sucks! it seams like this stuff is never ending sometimes.
Yeah, this hobby is rewarding, but can really drive you mad at times.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Let us know how this works out and the part number of these adjustable ball joints, especially if they are serviceable. Why would they have adjustable ball joints, but not put them on from the factory. Wonder if the 2010s have these?

Quick Reply: Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!