Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
Also, if you jack the whole back end up and have it in neutral, turn the left tire and see if the right turns (opposite direction) or if the drive shaft turns. If there is resistance on the right side, it won't want to turn and the drive shaft will.
I will check it later today. thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Red4drJK
This may sound really stupid but when you check your alignment on the road is there any wind? Living in tucson I notice it being windy everyday pretty much all this year when i drive home. Its windy outside, even the slightest bit i notice it pull in the direction of the wind. I have thought to myself multiple times that i have an alignment issue but turns out there was wind in that direction and then if i catch the timing just right and there is no wind, the jeep doesnt pull as much. I noticed after lifting my jeep that it is much more sensitive to the direction of the wind. So i know this is a random thought but who knows?
Red, I got news. Ain't NUTHIN stupid at this point. That was a good idea.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Holy crap !!! I feel for you, I hope you get this problem fixed real soon like one of the members said after this many pages of reading I am feeling yuour pain. I had my trackbar changed to the heavier more beefier model from TeraFlex and a steering stabilizer too and I have had 6-7 wheel alignments on my rig in the last 3 weeks to no avail I still can not get my rig to drive straight. I have a cocked steering wheel first it was to the right and now it is to the left. I also found out with the last wheel alignment shop that I was missing a clamp to one of the adjustment sleeves, and there are 2 ways it can be missing 1) not put on at factory, 2) taken off while wheel alignment was done by pulling the ball joint off. It can not break off. I wish you the best of luck and I will continue to read this thread to see if you came up with a solution to this horror !
Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default hey

Hey BikeHudson - this is Dave - want to come over sometime and we can get it up on stands and see if anything jumps out?
A fresh set of eyes never hurts.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by idleHour
Hey BikeHudson - this is Dave - want to come over sometime and we can get it up on stands and see if anything jumps out?
A fresh set of eyes never hurts.
definitely dude, at the very least we could drink beer and make it seem better!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
Holy crap !!! I feel for you, I hope you get this problem fixed real soon like one of the members said after this many pages of reading I am feeling yuour pain. I had my trackbar changed to the heavier more beefier model from TeraFlex and a steering stabilizer too and I have had 6-7 wheel alignments on my rig in the last 3 weeks to no avail I still can not get my rig to drive straight. I have a cocked steering wheel first it was to the right and now it is to the left. I also found out with the last wheel alignment shop that I was missing a clamp to one of the adjustment sleeves, and there are 2 ways it can be missing 1) not put on at factory, 2) taken off while wheel alignment was done by pulling the ball joint off. It can not break off. I wish you the best of luck and I will continue to read this thread to see if you came up with a solution to this horror !
thanks man, sorry your having problems as well.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bikehudson
definitely dude, at the very least we could drink beer and make it seem better!
You need to hush all that up or I'll be flyin out, too.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
You need to hush all that up or I'll be flyin out, too.
after all of the help and ideas you've provided there will always be a six pack waiting if you come to AZ
Old 08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default My 2 cents...

Just to chime in, but Tight_wad suggested the parking brake cable and you checked that. When checking for the dragging caliper, check the parking brake shoes inside the drum portion of the disc. You can manually loosen the parking brake shoes and see if that makes a difference. (I haven't worked on the rear brakes of the JK yet, but if the parking brakes on the JK are similar to pickups with rear disc brakes them my above comments are accurate...)

I've been following this as well and I'm PULLING for you!! I"m sorry, the last thing you need right now is bad puns..

Good Luck!!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandlapper
Just to chime in, but Tight_wad suggested the parking brake cable and you checked that. When checking for the dragging caliper, check the parking brake shoes inside the drum portion of the disc. You can manually loosen the parking brake shoes and see if that makes a difference. (I haven't worked on the rear brakes of the JK yet, but if the parking brakes on the JK are similar to pickups with rear disc brakes them my above comments are accurate...)

I've been following this as well and I'm PULLING for you!! I"m sorry, the last thing you need right now is bad puns..

Good Luck!!
very punny, its next on my to do list for sure. I'ld kick myself if it turns out to be something so easy and stupid

Quick Reply: Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!