Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it really sounds to me like you've got a brake dragging. Have you thought about checking the right rear brakes for a sticking caliper? with the way you describe it pulling, and all the work you've done trying to figure out the issue, I'd say you may want to look at the rear end. Not all pulling issues will be caused by the front end, if there's something off out back, it could also cause issues

just a thought...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bacon
it really sounds to me like you've got a brake dragging. Have you thought about checking the right rear brakes for a sticking caliper? with the way you describe it pulling, and all the work you've done trying to figure out the issue, I'd say you may want to look at the rear end. Not all pulling issues will be caused by the front end, if there's something off out back, it could also cause issues

just a thought...
I second that too!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey! How about checking out the park brakes on it. It all started after the lift, right?

What if the right side park brake cable is not happy about it, it would cause that side to act like it was dragging.

I am starting to feel compelled to see you get this fixed. It's starting to piss me off, and it ain't even mine!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
Hey! How about checking out the park brakes on it. It all started after the lift, right?

What if the right side park brake cable is not happy about it, it would cause that side to act like it was dragging.

I am starting to feel compelled to see you get this fixed. It's starting to piss me off, and it ain't even mine!
thanks for the sympathy. I visually inspected them and they didn't seem tight. How do I check for caliper drag in the rear, since both wheels will turn at the same time?
Old 08-05-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Pictures would be a great asset to help figure it out.
I'll snap a few, although I'm not sure what to photograph as everything appears OK.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bikehudson
thanks for the sympathy. I visually inspected them and they didn't seem tight. How do I check for caliper drag in the rear, since both wheels will turn at the same time?
Jack up only one side off the ground and put in neutral. You should block the front tires and do it on fairly level surface so it can't roll. Then just turn the tire by hand. Now if you have posi-traction rear carrier then this would not work.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also, if you jack the whole back end up and have it in neutral, turn the left tire and see if the right turns (opposite direction) or if the drive shaft turns. If there is resistance on the right side, it won't want to turn and the drive shaft will.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

after reading 6 pages of this gremlin, it has me perplexed. i am pulling for you. hope you find it and soon!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

This may sound really stupid but when you check your alignment on the road is there any wind? Living in tucson I notice it being windy everyday pretty much all this year when i drive home. Its windy outside, even the slightest bit i notice it pull in the direction of the wind. I have thought to myself multiple times that i have an alignment issue but turns out there was wind in that direction and then if i catch the timing just right and there is no wind, the jeep doesnt pull as much. I noticed after lifting my jeep that it is much more sensitive to the direction of the wind. So i know this is a random thought but who knows?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red4drJK
This may sound really stupid but when you check your alignment on the road is there any wind? Living in tucson I notice it being windy everyday pretty much all this year when i drive home. Its windy outside, even the slightest bit i notice it pull in the direction of the wind. I have thought to myself multiple times that i have an alignment issue but turns out there was wind in that direction and then if i catch the timing just right and there is no wind, the jeep doesnt pull as much. I noticed after lifting my jeep that it is much more sensitive to the direction of the wind. So i know this is a random thought but who knows?
I've definitely noticed the increased push from the wind, but my problem is constant and happens on calm days as well. thanks though

Quick Reply: Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!