Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update.

loosened all control arms and jumped up and down/ pushed side to side on jeep. no change. I did manage to strip my rear track bar bolt and now need to cut it off and replace it

Looks like I'll take it to another alignment shop and see what they can do for me
Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

You might try turning your ESP off and see if it still does it. I'm not an expert on the JK's at all. But that is a system that is running and could, given the right problem or circumstances, cause it to try and correct itself. I might be wrong, and I am sure someone here will correct me if it can't be it, but it cost nothing to turn it off, or pull the fuse for it and try. There is an active post now about the ESP turn off, link is here Disable ESP
Old 07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
You might try turning your ESP off and see if it still does it. I'm not an expert on the JK's at all. But that is a system that is running and could, given the right problem or circumstances, cause it to try and correct itself. I might be wrong, and I am sure someone here will correct me if it can't be it, but it cost nothing to turn it off, or pull the fuse for it and try. There is an active post now about the ESP turn off, link is here Disable ESP
That's a good idea, Scott. sure can't hurt.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

great idea, i'm gonna kick myself if it's that easy. could it be activating without the idiot light going off?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

It actually totally would make sense because my gas milage went down with the lift and not with the tires (put 33's on about a week before the lift)
Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Please keep us posted. I am in the middle of researching which lift to purchase. It sounds like something odd, not just a bad lift part but I still would take all of that info and make a dicision on what i want to do. I have to say it makes me nervous about doing it myself vs taking it to a shop. I hope you figure this headache out.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

turned off esp. still pulls, but much less rolling resistance and my gas millage is climbing. The orange instrument panel light with the swerving road goes on when I hit the off button, is this normal?

Can anyone tell me the size of the rear track bar frame bolt? I need to go get a new one today. I know it's 21mm hex head, but dont no any of the other specs to ask for at the hardware store.

thanks as always.
Mike
Old 07-25-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bikehudson
turned off esp. still pulls, but much less rolling resistance and my gas millage is climbing. The orange instrument panel light with the swerving road goes on when I hit the off button, is this normal?

Can anyone tell me the size of the rear track bar frame bolt? I need to go get a new one today. I know it's 21mm hex head, but dont no any of the other specs to ask for at the hardware store.

thanks as always.
Mike
That's only "partially" off. There's a procedure on here somewhere that turns it off permantely. Ahhh.....here it is.....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/central-canada-58/perm-esp-disable-84769/

Try that.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you check your tire pressure? Im sure you did.. but hey, you never know.

and I think whomever told you the jeep has a natural drift to the right was lying. mine drives straight as an arrow... And it has never been aligned, even since the lift.

also, caliper dragging? does the wheel spin the same as the opposite side while off the ground?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Along the lines of a caliper dragging.....that's a good thought too, racer83l.....you might check out the brake hoses. If one was stretched too far, this can cause the hose interior to break apart and act as a check valve and keep some pressure applied to the caliper. That would be something worth checking as well.

Quick Reply: Teraflex BB and right pull. tried everything.help!