Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex ball joint life

Old 02-02-2018, 07:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Anyways, these Teraflex ball joints are apparently on back order until mid March -____- sooooo, great! They (Teraflex) are sending me a preload adjustment tool to check the preload on the lowers, as they've "never heard of a failure yet." What good is a lifetime warranty when they don't even have the parts on hand, or even a reasonable lead time on the parts?

Probably going to take a refund from Teraflex and apply it towards the Rare Parts ball joints...
I'd say we're probably rollin' right up around the time that if there are gonna be more common issues with these TF BJs, gonna start seeing them a bit. They've been on the market long enough now, and enough people have installed em and have some miles on em we might start seeing more commentary trickling in. I think you'll like those RP's much better. I had an old buddy that put them in so am familiar with them. Those guys stand behind their product too.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

TeraFlexis a dependable name in case of the ball joint and many other car parts. Through R&D, it offers a ball joint kit that ensures comfortable rides for a long time. With a handful of necessary features, the kit is amazing. I have a good experience.

Last edited by resharp001; 05-25-2022 at 04:46 AM. Reason: removed outside review link to product
Old 05-25-2022, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are new. Should there be this much play?
Old 05-25-2022, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default New Teraflex ball joint play

Should there be this much play out of the box?
Old 05-25-2022, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by MoBeda
Should there be this much play out of the box?
take a video and post it to youtube. paste a link here in a post. it's hard to tell what kind of play you're talking about in a single sentence.
Old 05-25-2022, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default New Tera Flex

]Should there be this much play out of the box?
Old 05-25-2022, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

I am trying to post a video. I just haven't figured it out yet.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which ball joint has the play? If it is the upper, then yes it should move up and down. The upper is just a follower joint. The movement is controlled by the lower. I have these in both of my Jeeps and have installed several sets in other Jeeps.

Quick Reply: Teraflex ball joint life