Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Aluminum RockGuard Rock Sliders

Old 03-27-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But, of course!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you, with the same three choices of LOD, Teraflex, or Hanson. I like the lighweight of the teraflex but I too am concerned about whether or not they will take the abuse. If I were to drill my sheetmetal for these, I would be super pissed if they crumbled under the weight of the Jeep.

I'd be interested to know how much they can take without folding...
Old 04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah, Jet I hear what you're saying. A member of a local Jeep club I'm in has the TeraFlex sliders on his JKU and he is very happy with them. He does have some scratches on the passenger's side and one gouge on the driver's side, but he said he got real stupid on an obstacle for both of those.

On a separate note, I've dropped the Hanson and LOD from contention. I really like both, but cost and weight are just too much for them. I'm now seriously considering the ACE Engineering sliders. They only weigh 38 lbs each and come with a lifetime trail damage warranty. You damage them on the trail and ACE will replace them. I think they are $325 shipped so they are cheaper than the TeraFlex sliders.

The one major thing I really like about the TeraFlex is that they'll cover/protect my already damaged rocker panels. That additional 46 lbs of total weight savings over the ACE sliders doesn't hurt them either.

Good luck in your choice and post up here if you pick the TeraFlex. I'd love to know if you like them.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Hook-em! I looked at the ace ones and they look good, but like you, i have a rocker dent I want to hide. I thought I was settled on LoDs but the wait is 6 weeks or more and they weigh quite a bit! So the weight on the ace is making it hard for me to choose...need to get something in the next month though for next time out!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah, Jet we sound like two peas in a pod. I daw your poll thread today and thought about chiming in with comments about the Ace sliders there, but didn't do it.

Last I saw the poll was very lopsided toweards LOD. No surprise there. LOD gets lots of love for sliders and TeraFlex gets lots for lifts.

I'm playing with the idea of buyin Ace sliders and making some rocker covers. We'll see how that idea pans out.

Post up your choice once you've made it.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I have the TeraFlex sliders on my JK. I love how they deflect snow/slush away from the body.
snow and slush

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Aluminum RockGuard Rock Sliders