Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex or AEV lift?

Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex or AEV lift?

Hey everyone, kinda new here. I am about ready to finally buy a lift for my stock 2 door. I want to run 35's. I have been looking at the TeraFlex 2.5 coil and shock lift and really like the looks of it. But I know AEV is going to be coming out with a '2.5 progressive spring lift' that will also clear 35's.

Knowing both the companies are great, should I wait for the AEV lift to see what it comes with and price? Or bite the bullet and go ahead with the TeraFlex? I don't go off road too much, but mainly because my jk is all stock, and its my daily driver.

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Darn good question,, I was about to ask the same question and toss in the One as an option. I subscribed and will be watching closely.
I hope you get the answers your looking for.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

I'd say go teraflex since it's out and proven to be one of the best bang for your buck 2.5 lifts. Plus you can score a Hell of a deal on it from anyone of the vendors on this site. This is also a biast decision I have had it on for 2 years and it rides great on and off road.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

This is going to be controversial. I like AEV kits, and run their 4.5" setup. But AEV is not a high articulation lift. They design their lifts for expo stuff. Teraflex has great stuff. I don't have any experience with their stuff, but have heard good things about all of their setups.

AEV may be a while before their in production too.

Good luck
Old 08-28-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the quick replies guys! And yeah I'm not gonna be doing any crazy offroading, just trails and stuff. But still want something that will be great for everyday driving. I have always liked AEV's stuff, I know both companies well engineer their products very well.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dstr340wdge
Thanks for the quick replies guys! And yeah I'm not gonna be doing any crazy offroading, just trails and stuff. But still want something that will be great for everyday driving. I have always liked AEV's stuff, I know both companies well engineer their products very well.
Like unsaid I have never run teraflex, but my AEV is way better than stock. I am very happy with it on and Offroad.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm running the Tera Flex 2.5 lift with 4DR coils (I would recommend) and teraflex 9550 shocks. on and off road..
Old 08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another vote for Teraflex 2.5" coils. I love the ride on and off road. Better than stock.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex is a great product. Easy to install. You will be happy.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Tera makes quality componets, so why not go with them to begin with? Seen their arms they are bitchen!

Quick Reply: TeraFlex or AEV lift?