Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex or AEV 2.5 in

Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pass on both of those. If forced I'd take the terra flex.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepingNet

AEV lower control arms... I didn't think they were making control arms?
You're right, AEV doesn't sell arms. I was simply stating you can add control arms to both lifts because some people think you can only run the AEV control arm drop brackets with the AEV 2.5.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wecf
I'd pass on both of those. If forced I'd take the terra flex.
Any particular reason? or are you just being contrary?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rhino

Any particular reason? or are you just being contrary?
AEV is kind of pricey and terra has had some quality issues (gossip from Internet, no personal experience)
I'd look to Clayton or Currie. Just me though.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have never heard that Tera Flex has any quality issues. They have a great reputation and a great warranty. TF is my parts Guy's favorite and he has never steered me wrong. I think it is worth mentioning that he works at a 4 Wheel Parts and has seen and handled it all.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get color instructions of the Teraflex products from Teraflex.biz or even Quadratec.com

http://www.teraflex.biz/downloads/dl...structions.pdf

The instructions from their own site are nice. They stand behind their products, as most companies do, but these guys arent just company men, they wheel right along everyone else and are a great bunch of guys.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wecf
AEV is kind of pricey . . .
The AEV price is a bit steep because of what's in it.
  • Take out the Bilsteins and throw in a re-badged shock made by "who knows" and the price would go down.
  • Take out the included rear track bar and the price would go down even more.
  • Take out the bump stops and brake line brackets and the price would go down a bit further.
Now, whether an AEV lift is what would work best for a person is up to the buyer. Also, whether a person wants everything included in the kit is up to the buyer. As for price, if you add in all the stuff in an AEV 2.5 kit that that is missing from less expensive kits, those less expensive kits would cost the about the same.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed the AEV 2.5" kit because of the shock and spring match up. TF is a great company and makes a great lift. I love the ride of my Jeep but I also replaced all the bolts with the NR bolt kit added a JKS adjustable frt trackbar and the correction brackets. I changed wheels and saving up for 35's. I am new to AEV but very satisfied with their product. TF has great customer service as they just helped me with my tire carrier. I suggest Northridge for your needs but there are many great vendors on this site to choose from. Good luck.

Attachment 427279

Quick Reply: Teraflex or AEV 2.5 in