Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex or AEV 2.5 in

Old 02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both are basic 2.5" inch lifts and probably flex about the same. Side by side with both lifts running on stock control arms I can't honestly say one is going to be stronger. I've had TF and Bilstein shocks and I think the Bilstein are better quality. I have the AEV 2.5 and the shock/spring tuning makes for excellent handling off and on road. I've dealt with both companies and think both have stellar customer service.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do yo plan on driving your Jeep? I know AEV puts a lot into their lifts. The on road performance is top notch but the big knock on them is how low their control arm brackets hang which can pose a problem depending on how hard you wheel. Teraflex lifts are designed and built well with the forethought of being able to upgrade them in stages in case you can't just drop a ton of cash on a full blown suspension. I installed my TF 3" lift and love it they have excellent videos on youtube that helps explain a lot of their products.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

AEV all the way !

Running their 2.5 inch Dualsport kit now on my 2012 JKU .

In my life I've run many brands... AEV has to top them all in terms of quality, fit and ride ... On AND Off road.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gunbo75
If you Want somebody to stand behind your lift go teraflex. About 80% of my Jeep is teraflex and they stand behind it hands down...
Totally. Teraflex all the way. I'm upgrading my tf leveling kit to the 2.5" spring lift with arms, shocks etc. They stand behind their product 100%. Customer service is why tf is on my jeep.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cann't go wrong with either

Just decide if you want drop brackets or not. I in the end went with AEV because I love the shocks
Old 02-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepingNet
Cann't go wrong with either

Just decide if you want drop brackets or not. I in the end went with AEV because I love the shocks
You can add lower control arms to both lifts.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ncb
You can add lower control arms to both lifts.
AEV lower control arms... I didn't think they were making control arms?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepingNet
AEV lower control arms... I didn't think they were making control arms?
Does not mean you can't add other's arms to it....like teraflex Arms!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

I would get aev coil springs and teraflex control arms :-) I just recently became a fan of OTHER THAN LINEAR SPRINGS dual/triple/progressive rate springs, so that's why I would go for aev
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with many of the previous posters. AEV is the king of the road. Their springs are more comfortable on road. Also they have posted a you tube video of a jeep with their lift nearly drifting on a track. That takes serious engineering! With that said their geometry correction brackets hang down decreasing ground clearance. Tricky for off road experiences, depending on the trail.
TF makes serious quality stuff! Plus their kits can be easily built upon giving the builder the chance to make a "the sky is the limit" jeep. Their stuff is tough as nails and should out perform AEV on trail. Its road performance will be solid, but more stiff.

It all depends on your individual goals. Regardless of your choice, we all want before and after pics and a review of whatever you buy. Happy shopping!

Quick Reply: Teraflex or AEV 2.5 in