Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex or AEV 2.5 in

Old 02-24-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex or AEV 2.5 in

Which one do you guys believe is better?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Having just installed the 2.5 budget boost on my 2010 2-door my vote would be for the AEV. And that is not knowing much about the AEV lift.
The directions that come with the Teraflex product sucks!
Black and white photocopied directions that contain fuzzy pictures.
They send you parts that are no longer needed in the kit but don't include any updated notes about them. Come on either leave the parts out or update the written info.
For such a big company that is talked about so highly I found this to be a real let down.
I feel like the took the lead early on and now they are just phoning it in with this kit while they work on there new products.
Hate to see it...maybe they will go back and clean up this product.
Now if you insist on installing their product you can and I did find some better independent instructions on the web.
Oh, yes they have a video on their home site but it is really something you would use in conjunction with good directions.
Good luck.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've run both.
Offroad performance is close between the 2. The AEV on road ride is much better in my opinion.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I went aev because from my research TF will more often than not require control arms and a front track bar. I love the idea of aev's triple rate springs with custom tuned shocks.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed teraflex 2.5 coil lift with no complaints. I was gonna go to a shop, but the instructional video on youtube was awesome and gave me the confidence to do it in my garage.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like TF a lot, and use some of their stuff - but for an overall kit I'm super pleased with the ride and handling of the AEV 2.5 Dualsport with geometry brackets. If my main goal for the Jeep had been to build the toughest rock crawler I'd have chosen TF.

Either kit should be about the same difficulty to install, which isn't much. It does take some time, effort, and care to get it done right.

FYI I've changed suspensions twice and did not need to remove any drive shafts either time.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys, seems like I'm going to go with AEV
Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 3.5 AEV.. I'm not sure of the difference between either but ill tell you I LOVE the on rode ride!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what I've read in various forums, it's gonna depend on how you use your Jeep. From what I've gathered, AEV is king of on-road performance....it does really well off-road as well, but i dont think it has the same amount of flex that the TF does. Another thing I read about AEV is that their brackets tend to hang down, which gives you slightly less clearance than other lifts.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you Want somebody to stand behind your lift go teraflex. About 80% of my Jeep is teraflex and they stand behind it hands down...

Quick Reply: Teraflex or AEV 2.5 in