Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Adjustable Tire Mount Install

Old 12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brighton

After struggling getting one stud in, I took the other two studs and the mount to an auto shop with a press. One of the guys working in the shop happened to be a jeeper and pressed them in at no cost, although I was prepared to part with good money to avoid doing the other two.
I worked for about an hour to get just one in, still couldn't get it in all the way, also went to a shop
And had them pressed, took maybe 2 mins total.... Great carrier and hinge kit though.... Love mine!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Twash53
I worked for about an hour to get just one in, still couldn't get it in all the way, also went to a shop
And had them pressed, took maybe 2 mins total.... Great carrier and hinge kit though.... Love mine!
Yeah, they were far from easy. I used my pnuematic impact gun...let's just say the compressor had to kick on a few times.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

I went to Home Depot last night and bought the over sized nut and a few washers. It took me a good 45 minutes to get the studs pressed in but I finally got them in (very slow process.)
Of course it was dark by then but I had to finish the install. Everything else went smooth though. Those studs are a real bitch without a press!!

This morning I noticed there is about a millimeter of space between the sidewall and the carrier though...looked like it was touching the carrier last night with my head lamp on. LOL

I'll have to disassemble at some point and push it in a tiny bit more. It's good for now though and it no longer sounds like I have a family of mice in the back of my jeep.

Very happy with both the carrier and hinge!! I need to stop watching old install videos! Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

What was the temperature difference between last night & this morning? Highly likely your tire pressure is lower.

EGH - PTB
Old 12-09-2013, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by res6cueJK
What was the temperature difference between last night & this morning? Highly likely your tire pressure is lower.

EGH - PTB

Low 20's if not in the teens last night when I was working on it.....prob 35-36 this morning.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

like others have suggested.....deflate tire, install on mount until tire is touching, secure it down and finally inflate the tire and it will be nice and snug against the carrier

Quick Reply: Teraflex Adjustable Tire Mount Install